SAMFORD vs Maine

SAMFORD vs Maine

Postby SU DOG » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:16 pm

The series begins today. Don't let their record fool you - this team is NOT as bad as their 0-13 record would indicate. Seven of those losses were at FSU and Mississippi State. Others were to Maryland and Liberty.

The school: Maine is a research university located on the banks of the Stillwater River at Orono. The enrollment is over 11,000 students and their student to faculty ratio is a very good 16/1. They are the Bears, and Bananas T. Bear is their mascot.

Their team: As stated, far better than the record. They just left Starkville with a one-run loss to those Bulldogs. Interestingly, their FCS football team visited Starkville in 2004 and promptly handed State a 9-7 loss. :o Hopefully, Maine's Nick Silva(RHP), will not find a way to let his uncle play against our Bulldogs. His uncle is Alex Rodriguez :shock: I doubt our hurlers would be able to handle A-Rod. :D Another oddity is that their starting SS, Jeffery Omohundro, played his HS ball at Houston Academy in Dothan. After the series here, the Bears will play one game vs Bama, and end their play in this state with one at Troy.

SAMFORD - If you didn't watch the Vandy Game, you're probably thinking it wasn't competitive at all. WRONG! I'm not saying we are as good as the Commodores, but there were some very unusual circumstances that led to this score. I won't go into details, but I will say that their field offered some good home advantages. There were definitely some Samford bright spots - namely some very good relief pitching.

GO DOGS!!!!!
SU DOG

Re: SAMFORD vs Maine

Postby Cujo » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:20 pm

I spent many a week on the Maine campus back in the 90s. I even had a Maine Black Bear t-shirt. It was just a short (hour or so) drive over to Acadia National Park, Frenchman's Bay and Bar Harbor. If you have not been, do it. There was (is?) an LL Bean outlet just down the road from there. Maine is awesome in the summer.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby Smurf » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:54 pm

Great inexpensive lobsta up there too
BOE.
Smurf

Postby sudog03 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:45 pm

Yeah, if we have the team we think we have, we ought to handle 0-13 fairly easily.
sudog03

Postby SU DOG » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:09 pm

Play like we did yesterday, and we will lose this series. Our pitchers just gave them bases.
SU DOG

Postby SU DOG » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:18 pm

Zach Hester just pitched one gem of a game, as we take the series.
SU DOG

Return to The Dog Pound