Four SoCon Teams Projected In FCS Top 25......

Re: Four SoCon Teams Projected In FCS Top 25......

Postby sudog03 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:03 pm

Now do how long it's been since Mercer has had a +.500 SoCon record in football.
sudog03

Postby Cujo » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:38 pm

Your post proves my point, FUBear. Mercer sucks!!!
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby SU DOG » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:06 pm

LOL! This banter could go on forever. To me, the simple truth is that Coach Lamb AND Coach Hatcher had better rev it up, because changes have been happening in this conference. UTC is about to become a player again in the top tier of SoCon football. ETSU is moving forward with changes to be better, Furman is on the cusp, Wofford and El Cid are expected to be better. My prediction is that SoCon football is about to explode with talented teams and I really expect the conference to overtake the CAA in the near future. Samford needs to live up to expectations, Mercer needs to get over a hump and win more league games, Western needs to get a defense, and the VMI administration needs to take clues from The Citadel.

I base this opinion on coaching changes that seem positive, recruiting signees, FBS transfers that I see coming in, and just my observations and feeling. I do NOT mean to imply that any team mentioned can not win out this year. I just think that an already competitive conference is about to become much much tougher, and that teams will need to work very hard to keep up with what is happening.
SU DOG

Postby FUBeAR » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:29 pm

Cujo wrote:Your post proves my point, FUBear. Mercer sucks!!!

It’s D-Day, Cujo...not Backward Day
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.
FUBeAR

Postby Cujo » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:44 pm

Does anyone else have a sneaking suspicion that the Bulldogs are going to be the surprise of the SoCon this year and, in addition to whipping Mercer like an orange haired step child, will win the conference?

P.s. I’m asking on behalf of FUBeer.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby sudog03 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:29 pm

Don't put much stock in preseason computer ratings, but they are fun to look at. Masseyratings.com puts us at 9-3, 7-1 in league.

https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=6987&s=308075
sudog03

Postby Smurf » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:16 pm

At 9-3 we would overachieve and we ain't going 9-3 because we don't overachieve, particularly with Hatcher at the helm.

Optimism abounds now and will continue into the season. Then frustration will set in after we screw the pooch and lose to a team or two we shouldn't. We will bounce back with a nice showing or two and lament at what could have been had we just taken care of business against so-and-so. We'll wind up winning six, maybe seven max. Kids will graduate, new kids will sign, and we'll pick up some FBS transfers along the way. Spring ball will conclude. Optimism will again abound and the cycle will repeat itself.

That's just how it works.
BOE.
Smurf

Postby Cujo » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:22 pm

I'd say you were an old stick in the mud, Smurf, if your description wasn't so historically accurate. If history repeats itself, Samford will be Samford. In June, however, hope springs eternal!!!!
Cujo

Previous

Return to The Dog Pound