Is This The Best The SoCon Can Do?

Is This The Best The SoCon Can Do?

Postby SU DOG » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:25 pm

You can argue if a Media Day event is even necessary, but that is not my point. If the SoCon is going to stream one, then for goodness sakes don't make it this boring poorly produced flop that I tried to watch today. The Southland is a peer conference and their production makes ours look like a silent movie from yesteryear. I start a new thread on this because I want to vent. Loud between music almost drowned out Hatcher, between school waits were long and boring, and I could go on and on. A Samford Student led production for this fiasco would probably have been much better and more entertaining. Our players did fine, and the questions were O.K, but IMO, this is a poorly done deal. This is just an IMO look at what I saw, and others may disagree.
SU DOG

Re: Is This The Best The SoCon Can Do?

Postby 77SU » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:42 pm

I just watched the interview with our HC but you wouldn’t know it because there were no graphics to show who the interviewer was interviewing. At least the two players had on their blue Samford Football with the Proud Bulldog logo and the obligatory red Nike swoosh. You could tell they were there to represent Samford football. Now why again is our HC being interviewed without any visible sign he is connected to the University? His shirt had the Nike swoosh as required, but at least after getting a contract extension, the HC could at least acknowledge where his paycheck comes from. For instance, look how at big the M is on that orange shirt worn by the Mercer HC. Right off you know where his allegiance lies. Where’s the emoji for getting off my soapbox?
77SU

Postby Smurf » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:50 pm

The new commish is already making an impression I see.
BOE.
Smurf

Postby 77SU » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:04 pm

Back on soap box. The Wofford HC and their two players could easily have been folks they took at random from in front of the SoCon office and sat them in a chair. At least the players were wearing their “Sunday-best” with ties with vest or jacket, as opposed to the HC that made media look like casual Friday. No school logos, no sponsor logos on anyone of them. The ankle biter HC certainly didn’t take it seriously when he packed his suitcase.
77SU

Return to The Dog Pound