BIG WRs

BIG WRs

Postby SU DOG » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:17 pm

Returning this year, of course, is Jai Creamer. We know what this Jr. WR can do, and at 6-4, 230 he has the body to get the job done. Sr. Robert Adams, 6-2, 190 is another really good one. There are 2 rookies who signed with us this year that I want to mention. Michael Vice, a TE from Vestavia is 6-4, 251 pounds. The 2** rated player with many offers has been discussed on this Board previously. There is a less heralded WR signee, however, that really caught my eye in Monday's practice. Jason Houston is a 6-5, 210 pound wideout who we were fortunate to land. According to Recruit Georgia, Houston was perhaps overlooked because he was primarily a standout basketball player for Bremen HS, who took up football late. During recruiting season, RG called him a FBS player. From what I saw they are probably correct. He has good hands, runs a 4.62, power cleans 295, is very athletic, and appears to have a good vertical(try guarding him on a fade route). Warning: I am the same person who, several years ago raved about the early camp play of a kid that didn't even last through August, but headed back home to Wetumpka, so don't take my evaluations too seriously LOL!

These BIG talented WRs along with the returners that we know about will surely pose a threat to SoCon defenses IF our unnamed QB can find the mark. With the huge O-Line we have returning, he should have time to throw the completions. WRs, IMO, are an extremely talented group on this year's team.
SU DOG

Re: BIG WRs

Postby Cujo » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:11 pm

SU DOG wrote:Warning: I am the same person who, several years ago raved about the early camp play of a kid that didn't even last through August, but headed back home to Wetumpka, so don't take my evaluations too seriously LOL!

There was never any danger of that.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby SU DOG » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:25 pm

Cujo wrote:
SU DOG wrote:Warning: I am the same person who, several years ago raved about the early camp play of a kid that didn't even last through August, but headed back home to Wetumpka, so don't take my evaluations too seriously LOL!

There was never any danger of that.

Pot calling Kettle - The WR that I believe you praised is no longer at Samford, but is now playing for the West Georgia Wolves. :lol:
SU DOG

Postby Cujo » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:37 pm

What?
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby SU DOG » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:53 pm

Cujo wrote:What?

Your post on June 23 under topic Football Questions. Unimportant really and all in good fun. I did, however, agree with you that he was a good prospect.
SU DOG

Postby Cujo » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:05 pm

I still don't understand, but I'm having fun . . . I guess. Why are you keeping the players name a secret? Who transferred? Why?
Cujo

Postby SU DOG » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:35 pm

Cujo wrote:I still don't understand, but I'm having fun . . . I guess. Why are you keeping the players name a secret? Who transferred? Why?

The player is Kentre'vious Williams #3 last year. Why he transferred to West Georgia I have NO idea. I assume it was him whom you referenced, but did not name, in your previously stated post, as the possible go to receiver for this year.
SU DOG

Return to The Dog Pound