Hodges Tosses First NFL TD!!!!

Hodges Tosses First NFL TD!!!!

Postby big_dog1968 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:25 pm

So proud. He is very well liked and getting so much more attention than a typical 'camp arm'.
View from the Sideline: Who’s this Devlin Hodges guy?
big_dog1968

Re: Hodges Tosses First NFL TD!!!!

Postby 77SU » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:36 pm

You mean the guy from Stamford, according to Chase Williams of WPXI? It didn't take long for the twitterverse to set him straight.
77SU

Postby SU DOG » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:55 pm

It will be interesting to see what develops. I can't see the Steelers putting Devlin ahead of Dobbs or Rudolph, and they will not keep 4 QBs. The best case scenario might be if they decide to trade Dobbs and promote Hodges to #3. I don't know if that is even a serious possibility, but I did see it mentioned. To place Duck on the PS might be another idea, but I kinda think that some team might quickly snatch him up if they did that. It is something of a quandary for the Steelers, that they never dreamed would happen. Devlin Hodges has really captured the hearts of the Pittsburgh fans, and they are very vocal in praising him.
SU DOG

Postby big_dog1968 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:01 pm

SU DOG wrote:It will be interesting to see what develops. I can't see the Steelers putting Devlin ahead of Dobbs or Rudolph, and they will not keep 4 QBs. The best case scenario might be if they decide to trade Dobbs and promote Hodges to #3. I don't know if that is even a serious possibility, but I did see it mentioned. To place Duck on the PS might be another idea, but I kinda think that some team might quickly snatch him up if they did that. It is something of a quandary for the Steelers, that they never dreamed would happen. Devlin Hodges has really captured the hearts of the Pittsburgh fans, and they are very vocal in praising him.

Although it would be great for the Steelers to keep him and the surest path for Devlin, all of those scenarios would be a win for Devlin!

Or shall I say a win for Delvino Hodgekins of the Stamford Bloodhounds.
big_dog1968

Postby FUBeAR » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:17 pm

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.
FUBeAR

Postby Cujo » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:15 pm

I have been following him with interest and pride. I was very happy for him. I think he’s the fan favorite. A lot of Pittsburg fans are Hodges fans.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby big_dog1968 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:22 am

You know in recent years, we've had defensive players make it into and stick in the NFL, but we haven't had any offensive players do that yet. Efrem Hill came close playing on Carolina's practice squad and briefly getting activated at the end of the season.
big_dog1968

Postby big_dog1968 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:37 pm

big_dog1968

Return to The Dog Pound