Practice Today

Practice Today

Postby SU DOG » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:41 pm

I only saw part of it, but I liked what I saw. While I was there, Welch was spot-on with accurate passes, both short and long, that zipped to the receivers. I think there is definitely a gap from Liam to Chris Oladokun. Practice and game time can certainly be two different animals, but I think that Welch is ready to take control of this team and go with it. That may not continue as time goes by, but for now, I think it is evident that Welch is well ahead. These receivers are REALLY REALLY good, and there are so many of them. I don't know how you can cover guys that are as fast and athletic as what I saw today. Also if the ball was anywhere near them(and it generally was) they had it. Other SoCon teams' fans have bragged about their WRs, but nada, NO, there are none, as a group, that comes close to ours.

To me, the practice was lively and enthusiastic. Please understand that this was not a scrimmage or full contact practice. Coaches may have seen it differently than I did. For me, however, it was a spirit lifter. I'm actually now thinking that we can beat the Ice Birds - sure hope so.
GO DOGS!!!!!
SU DOG

Re: Practice Today

Postby sudog03 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:55 pm

I hope people don't think that bringing Oladokun in was some kind of indictment of Welch. Frankly, we were in need of some depth at the QB position, Oladokun provides that along with some good competition for Welch, which makes everyone better. I think Liam Welch has all-conference potential.
sudog03

Postby Smurf » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:33 am

Since Hatcher arrived I have been very impressed with the hands of these receivers. Dropped balls are a rarity.
BOE.
Smurf

Postby Cujo » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:36 am

I still predict we will be about the same as we have been for the last 3-4 years. We’ll be Samford. We’ll be in the hunt for the title.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Return to The Dog Pound