Youngstown

Re: Youngstown

Postby funkychicken » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:15 pm

Not to sound like a wise guy, but did someone put a voodoo curse on Samford when they play YSU?

FC
Jax State MBB NCAA 17 CBI 18
1AA/FCS Playoffs: 2003, 04, 10, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
D2 Football National Champs 1992
D2 Baseball World Series Champs 1990, 1991
D2 Men's Basketball National Champs 1985
D2 Women's Gymnastics National Champs 1984, 1985
funkychicken

Postby big_dog1968 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:17 pm

funkychicken wrote:Not to sound like a wise guy, but did someone put a voodoo curse on Samford when they play YSU?

FC

Channeling Cujo: There is a curse, it's called a Hatcher curse.
big_dog1968

Postby FUBeAR » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:35 pm

From what I saw, I agree with Coach Hatcher, it’s not even close. I sure hope he sticks to his guns & stays with his decision, especially against Furman & Mercer.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.
FUBeAR

Postby big_dog1968 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:49 am

FUBeAR wrote:From what I saw, I agree with Coach Hatcher, it’s not even close. I sure hope he sticks to his guns & stays with his decision, especially against Furman & Mercer.

What's our record against y'all in the last few years? Asking for a friend.
big_dog1968

Postby Cujo » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:00 am

It took half a season for Hatcher to see Devlin was better than Eubanks. Devlin. Was recruited by Someone else. I’m not sure Hatcher knows talent. He’s had 5 years to recruit a qb to replace Sullivan’s qb.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby BearDownMU » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:27 am

Smurf wrote:
BearDownMU wrote:To paraphrase FUBeAR (who is sitting right next to me), how do you get through an entire fall practice and not figure out this guy should be your starter at QB. It took about 3 plays to see it out in game.

And apparently it wasn't even close.

Well, I know who I would start next week, but Welch is I am sure a bit of a sentimental favorite as the guy who patiently waited his turn. For this reason, Hatcher may give Welch a lot of leeway.

I hate the "waited his turn" idea. It's not about tenure. It's about winning football games. I don't automatically love everything Bobby Lamb does, but Kaelin Riley was the 2017 SoCon Freshman of the Year. Then Robert Riddle showed up... Had Riddle not broken his collarbone last year in Game 4, Riley would have started zero games as a sophomore.
Some days you eat the bear. Some days the Bear eats you!
BearDownMU

Postby sudog03 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:52 am

BearDownMU wrote:
Smurf wrote:
BearDownMU wrote:To paraphrase FUBeAR (who is sitting right next to me), how do you get through an entire fall practice and not figure out this guy should be your starter at QB. It took about 3 plays to see it out in game.

And apparently it wasn't even close.

Well, I know who I would start next week, but Welch is I am sure a bit of a sentimental favorite as the guy who patiently waited his turn. For this reason, Hatcher may give Welch a lot of leeway.

I hate the "waited his turn" idea. It's not about tenure. It's about winning football games. I don't automatically love everything Bobby Lamb does, but Kaelin Riley was the 2017 SoCon Freshman of the Year. Then Robert Riddle showed up... Had Riddle not broken his collarbone last year in Game 4, Riley would have started zero games as a sophomore.

I think u forgot the memphis game. Can't blame u.
sudog03

Postby FUBeAR » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:19 am

big_dog1968 wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:From what I saw, I agree with Coach Hatcher, it’s not even close. I sure hope he sticks to his guns & stays with his decision, especially against Furman & Mercer.

0-1, by my count, if “y’all” meant Mercer
6-7, by my count, if “y’all” meant Furman
6-8, by my count, if “y’all” meant both Mercer & Furman

Tell your friend.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.
FUBeAR

Postby big_dog1968 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:51 am

FUBeAR wrote:
big_dog1968 wrote:

0-1, by my count, if “y’all” meant Mercer

I'll be sure to tell my friend that we've only played Mercer once in the last few years. :lol:
big_dog1968

Postby BearDownMU » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:06 am

sudog03 wrote:I think u forgot the memphis game. Can't blame u.
[/quote]

I guess I did because Riley played exactly 2 series in that game before Riddle took over for good. Which actually reinforces my point even more, considering it took 5x as long today to make a call on getting Welch outta there, when everyone that had eyes but wasn't on the coaching staff was talking about doing it as early as the 2nd Quarter.

The good news is y'all are two for two in this thread on taking tactical points made about today's game and how it was handled and changing the subject to something else (prior won-loss record against Mercer/Furman and my misremembering of 2 series in last year's opener.) But. Can't blame u.
Some days you eat the bear. Some days the Bear eats you!
BearDownMU

PreviousNext

Return to The Dog Pound