The Chris Hatcher Show

The Chris Hatcher Show

Postby SU DOG » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:12 am

SU DOG

Re: The Chris Hatcher Show

Postby big_dog1968 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:21 pm

He said that Welch hasn't lost his job, but Hatcher will likely use both qb's, with the when and how much depending on the situation. Playing both qb's is something I had assumed would be the case from the start given their different skill sets. I know some love to hate on Hatcher, but when it comes to his qb's, I trust his judgement.
big_dog1968

Postby Cujo » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:32 pm

I don’t. He started Eubanks for half a season when the answer was obvious.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby Smurf » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:05 pm

If you want to have a sort of mini try out for the starting QB against a team like TTU, I am okay with that. Maybe Welch just had an off day against the Penguins. Regardless, if both QBs play Saturday like they did the previous Saturday, the answer going forward should be obvious. What I don't want to see is Hatcher rolling out a two QB system beyond the early part of the season.
BOE.
Smurf

Postby big_dog1968 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:13 pm

Smurf wrote:If you want to have a sort of mini try out for the starting QB against a team like TTU, I am okay with that. Maybe Welch just had an off day against the Penguins. Regardless, if both QBs play Saturday like they did the previous Saturday, the answer going forward should be obvious. What I don't want to see is Hatcher rolling out a two QB system beyond the early part of the season.

I think that even if Welch does better, they should still find ways to incorporate Chris into the offense at least in spots.

As for Eubanks, everything is obvious, after the fact.

I think playing both this game will be a good thing. That should have been the plan for the YSU game as well.
big_dog1968

Postby FUBeAR » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:26 am

In the arena of politics, when conventions are deadlocked between 2 Candidates, often a 3rd choice is selected by Leadership to settle the issue.

...just sayin'
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.
FUBeAR

Postby SU DOG » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:26 am

FUBeAR wrote:In the arena of politics, when conventions are deadlocked between 2 Candidates, often a 3rd choice is selected by Leadership to settle the issue.

...just sayin'

When will you get OFF of this track?
SU DOG

Postby big_dog1968 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:16 am

FuB is writing some checks on our board that will be fun to cash when Mercer inevitably poops the bed. :lol:
big_dog1968

Postby SU DOG » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:04 pm

In case you don't follow FUB's post, here is the skinny. He has repeatedly, without actually coming out and saying it, hinted that HCCH will eventually make his son the starting QB. I counter with some facts. Neither Chris nor Liam are seniors, and another good prospect is Fr. Cade Blackmon who is undersized but a savvy son of a coach himself. We have also recruited and gotten a commit from a 3*** kid rated as one of the best HS QBs in the state this year.

Having said all of that, however, I will always give credit to FUB for correctly identifying Hodges over Eubank before most anyone else did. The old O-Lineman knows a thing or two about football and coaching from his years of experience as a player and coach. He also seems to have an unnatural interest in our program(I have accused him of being a pocket Dogs fan).

Nothing meant to be a slam on Ty Hatcher, who holds lots of HS passing records - just clarification of the above post.
SU DOG

Postby FUBeAR » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:50 pm

SU DOG wrote:In case you don't follow FUB's post, here is the skinny. He has repeatedly, without actually coming out and saying it, hinted that HCCH will eventually make his son the starting QB. I counter with some facts. Neither Chris nor Liam are seniors, and another good prospect is Fr. Cade Blackmon who is undersized but a savvy son of a coach himself. We have also recruited and gotten a commit from a 3*** kid rated as one of the best HS QBs in the state this year.

Having said all of that, however, I will always give credit to FUB for correctly identifying Hodges over Eubank before most anyone else did. The old O-Lineman knows a thing or two about football and coaching from his years of experience as a player and coach. He also seems to have an unnatural interest in our program(I have accused him of being a pocket Dogs fan).

Nothing meant to be a slam on Ty Hatcher, who holds lots of HS passing records - just clarification of the above post.

You forgot to mention my 2 years as a Split Veer QB for the Carroll Junior High School Cougars (7th & 8th grade)...then TE...and then to C, when we went from the Veer to the Bone mid-season in 9th grade. Turned it around & won 3 of the last 4. FUBeAR missed the L in that run with a crushed/broken tip of his birdie finger that still bothers him to this day...

But I digress...How the heck is trying to help resolve the obvious QB controversy at Samford “writing some checks?” It’s true what THEY say...and what I recently had memorialized on this (one-time) Jr. High cannon...

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.
FUBeAR

Return to The Dog Pound