Tenn Tech

Re: Tenn Tech

Postby 77SU » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:51 am

Somebody help me with my feeble memory. I seem to remember a few years back that our defense was our bread and butter. Didn't we get defensive players drafted into the NFL?

The defense has suffered from the Hatch Attack over the last 5 years. We score in less than 3 minutes which puts the defense back on the field. So has our DC not adapted to the type of players needed for the Air Raid scheme? Has he refused to adapt his defensive schemes? Last week's TOP basically matched the final score. The defense was on the field for approximately 2/3 to 3/4 of the game.
77SU

Postby 77SU » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:54 am

suballa wrote:Are fans allowed to enter the transfer portal?

There's probably some folks in Knoxville that would be interested.
77SU

Postby suballa » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:00 am

77SU wrote:

As a Tennessee/Samford fan, I'm wondering if it's too early to write this season off... Next season can't come soon enough
suballa

Postby Cujo » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:03 am

I don’t want how bad we suck to take away from the amazing game that Oladokun had. Dude is a Heisman candidate. He had an amazing game. It isn’t his fault Hatcher didn’t start him. We score one point on the first two series or don’t give up a safety and we win. Kudos to you, Mr Oladokun. You played a hell of a game.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby hotdiggitydog » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:38 am

suballa wrote:
77SU wrote:

As a Tennessee/Samford fan, I'm wondering if it's too early to write this season off... Next season can't come soon enough

For the Tennessee fan in you, might be time to burn your orange clothing, unless you hunt, work on highway, or are on work release. It wont get much easier than GSU. Maybe an FCS opponent or BYU. For the Samford fan, I'm hoping for a few wins if we go whole hog with the transfer but wow...our defense looked clueless tonight and wasn't much better last game.
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire
hotdiggitydog

Postby SU DOG » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:46 am

A few years ago I posted on here something called The Spiral Effect. It was quoted by a DC from an ACC school who said, " I would never be a DC for a team that runs the Air Raid Offense. You don't practice against lead blockers with power runners, and your defense gets weaker and weaker each season as it spirals down towards being ineffective."

I don't know how I feel about this theory, but it does haunt me.
SU DOG

Postby suballa » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:50 am

I bet Wofford licks their wounds tonight and starts salivating when they watch our defense on film tomorrow.
suballa

Postby BlakeRx » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:27 am

I honestly don’t think I can support this anymore. Outside of the QB who should have been starting all along, I’ve got nothing. Zero return on investment with this program, and tired of having to settle for this piss-poor product.
BlakeRx

Postby Newsam » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:05 am

Cujo wrote:The offensive line did a great job on that last TD.

Seriously, what was Hatcher looking at when he started Welch. Nobody agreed with that who watched the first game. That was a critical error.

And our defense is still being picked apart. Terrible effort at tackling. So bad. TTU will have to self destruct

Don't blame this on Welch! Go back & look at the play calling for the 1st two series. Total BS. Then he decides to open up the playbook with a flee flicker & throwing the ball down field.
Newsam

Postby big_dog1968 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:54 am

SU DOG wrote:A few years ago I posted on here something called The Spiral Effect. It was quoted by a DC from an ACC school who said, " I would never be a DC for a team that runs the Air Raid Offense. You don't practice against lead blockers with power runners, and your defense gets weaker and weaker each season as it spirals down towards being ineffective."

I don't know how I feel about this theory, but it does haunt me.

Except we've had good success against some of the best running teams in our conference. I think generally our type of offense is hard on its respective defense. This year especially will require our offense to score a lot to win until our defense figures it how to stop people consistently.
big_dog1968

PreviousNext

Return to The Dog Pound