How Far Have We Fallen?

How Far Have We Fallen?

Postby SU DOG » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:47 pm

To see this power rating brings chills to me. Also, look at the record number of yards we allowed at TTU. You can disagree with SoCon John, but he isn't the only one who now has us at the very bottom - YES even lower than VMI.

https://medium.com/@SoConJohn22/socon-f ... d649d9b55a
SU DOG

Re: How Far Have We Fallen?

Postby Cujo » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:43 pm

He got the player of the week right. Oladokun may be the best qb in the conference. He is definitely the best to have not yet started a game. This guy should be at the next level.

Ps Why not give Oladokun a fun pass option on the last drive and score a TD? When we got the ball back with over 30 seconds left, why not let Oladokun loose with the defense likely in prevent mode? I get it, we played it safe, but why not try to get in field goal range with the best athlete on the field? A couple of Oladokun runs or a break down in coverage and we had time to get in a position to win the game. I guess the only coach playing to win at the critical time was the guy on the other side of the field who went for two when he had fate in his own hands.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby SU DOG » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:03 pm

My biggest concern, and this WAS at the time was this: We were less than ONE YARD out, There was only 2:25 remaining in the game. We were 2 scores up, and we get the field goal. Now we are STILL only 2 scores up, and we lose. I guess that call is debatable, but my philosophy is "if you can't get ONE YARD when you need it, you don't deserve to win". Even if we had tried and failed(Oladokun would probably have gotten it), look what their offense had to do.
Like cujo says, you play to WIN.
SU DOG

Postby The Cats » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:29 pm

SU DOG wrote:..... he isn't the only one who now has us at the very bottom - YES even lower than VMI.

This is not about Samford's place in a power ranking, but just to say, VMI will win some SoCon games this year.

I don't know who the victims will be, but they will a couple or more (maybe WCU for one). Western only beat then by 2 points last year in a shoot out, and they have almost all of their starters back on offense and defense. Quarterback Reece Udinski is very good, as he finished second in the SoCon in passing yards, with 310.1 ypg. VMI lost 4 conference games by a total of 14 points in 2018.
The Cats

Postby Roswell7 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:02 pm

Does anyone know why Oladokun transferred from USF? Barnett’s not exactly lighting it up down there... what’s the story?
Roswell7

Postby 77SU » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:53 pm

Roswell7 wrote:Does anyone know why Oladokun transferred from USF? Barnett’s not exactly lighting it up down there... what’s the story?

From The Daily Stampede , https://www.thedailystampede.com/2018/12/28/18159395/usf-quarterback-chris-oladokun-to-transfer-from-usf
77SU

Postby Roswell7 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:16 pm

From The Daily Stampede , https://www.thedailystampede.com/2018/1 ... r-from-usf

Makes sense. Thanks!
Roswell7

Postby Cujo » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:31 am

he’s electrifying. He’s at another level.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby big_dog1968 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:22 am

Cujo wrote:he’s electrifying. He’s at another level.

Hatcher: "Chris is great coming off the bench. We don't want to change a good thing by starting him." ;)
big_dog1968

Postby 77SU » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:18 pm

big_dog1968 wrote:
Cujo wrote:he’s electrifying. He’s at another level.

Hatcher: "Chris is great coming off the bench. We don't want to change a good thing by starting him." ;)

I’m sorry the Math major in me fails to follow this logic. We have started one quarterback in two games and then went to a different quarterback off the bench in those same two games and they have both been losses. HCCH considers that a good thing? We want to spot Wofford 10 or more points before bringing the other guy off the bench? I don’t see that as a recipe for success, but what do I know?
77SU

Next

Return to The Dog Pound