HCCH Show #2

HCCH Show #2

Postby SU DOG » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:10 pm

I am rather disappointed that Coach didn't elaborate more on our defensive woes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THmhEoR1WzA&t=19s
SU DOG

Re: HCCH Show #2

Postby Smurf » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:19 pm

Maybe he realizes it is an embedded deficiency to his Hatch Attack. Maybe he realizes you can scheme all you want, but you can't leave your defense out on the field this long and expect it to excel. Maybe he doesn't want to open up Pandora's box and discuss the defense because it is an indirect indictment of his precious offensive philosophy. Or maybe he just doesn't care all that much about his offense and figures his offense is capable of outscoring folks.
BOE.
Smurf

Postby sudog03 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:51 pm

SU DOG wrote:I am rather disappointed that Coach didn't elaborate more on our defensive woes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THmhEoR1WzA&t=19s

I think it would be rather difficult to elaborate in an accurate way on the woes without being derogatory towards the coaching staff or the play of some individual players. Personally, I would rather see those conversations handled behind closed doors. I'm sure they are. Just as I am sure that efforts are being made to address those woes.
sudog03

Postby SU DOG » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:06 pm

Maybe elaborate was not the word to use. What I wanted to hear was not details, but some assurance that defensive improvements will be forthcoming. I certainly agree with you about players/coaches not being dissed publicly.
SU DOG

Postby Cujo » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:39 am

I Don’t have a problem dissing our defense publicly. The defense hasn’t been ready to play a first quarter yet. I’m not buying the excuse that you can’t cover a blanket the entire game on the end of game time of possession. Nor am I blaming time of possession on our corner running by design to the post and leaving the flat wide open and the running back wide freaking open on the two point conversion. We are getting out performed and out coached. Recall, we started 1-3 or 1-4 last year. We aren’t a premier program, but we have a hell of qb that hasn’t started a game.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby sudog03 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:38 pm

The corner did his job on the 2 point conversion Other guys didn't. Back out of the backfield not his responsibility. We've played some good possessions, just have to hope we can become more consistent. Need to coach and play better for sure.
sudog03

Postby Cujo » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:40 pm

I agree the corner did what he was told to do. That is my point. It was a scheme/execution, not tired football players.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Return to The Dog Pound