ETSU

Re: ETSU

Postby Cujo » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:08 pm

Love the bootleg call and throw to 4 for the first down.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby Cujo » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:19 pm

Ugly conditions. Ugly game. Winning is beautiful.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby big_dog1968 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:25 pm

Cujo wrote:I literally slept through the 3d quarter. Woke up it was 17 all and we were receiving. Opinions about the targeting call?

BS call. They need to either disk back the number of calls or have graduated penalties. Like an egregious hit, yes eject but if they are going to call them as often as they are, then there should be a lesser version that doesn't carry quite as serious a penalty. Not fair to the kids or the game the way they are doing it now.
big_dog1968

Postby Jiggs » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:02 pm

The first half of this game was some of the worst football that I have ever seen. Congratulations to the players for getting it done in the second half.
Jiggs

Postby SU DOG » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:22 pm

Jiggs wrote:The first half of this game was some of the worst football that I have ever seen. Congratulations to the players for getting it done in the second half.

+1
SU DOG

Postby SU DOG » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:24 pm

Are the Samford students allergic to a little rain? That crowd was the smallest that I can ever remember.
SU DOG

Postby Cujo » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:41 pm

You can’t rely on school spirit or loyalty to fill the seats anymore. Too much entertainment and distraction to compete with. You want to develop a loyal, fanatical following, you have to feed the beast with addictive endorphins (winning). 3-4 on a rainy day ain’t going to do it. No amount of video boards and cash giveaways and other gimmicks will make up for what you are really selling. Winning. Winning games. Winning big games. Winning championships. Winning playoff games. Being something that makes even the trailer park crowd (see Alabama football) feel proud is what is required. Samford football isn’t delivering. Graduation rates are great and something to be proud of, but it doesn’t develop a following. Don’t believe me? Count the number of players/graduates who come back and attend games. Win or be white noise.
Cujo

Previous

Return to The Dog Pound