Mercer

Re: Mercer

Postby Cujo » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:25 am

The worst thing about this is that Hatcher may not get the Mercer job. We are stuck with his crap.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby FUBeAR » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:28 am

big_dog1968 wrote:Than goodness their kicker stinks.

Aging unsatisfactorily
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.
FUBeAR

Postby Cujo » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:32 am

sudog03 wrote:Guess being 3-2 and still in the conference hunt doesn't do it for you?

You were high on crack and you said we were in the hunt. Anyone who saw Us play knew we were a bad team and would likely lose 2/3 to the remaining SoCon teams. A losing season is assured. Chris Hatcher should do the honourable thing and resign.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby BlakeRx » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:16 am

Beyond tired of seeing Hatcher’s nonsense on a weekly basis. Just ridiculous.
BlakeRx

Postby sudog03 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:14 pm

Cujo wrote:
sudog03 wrote:Guess being 3-2 and still in the conference hunt doesn't do it for you?

You were high on crack and you said we were in the hunt. Anyone who saw Us play knew we were a bad team and would likely lose 2/3 to the remaining SoCon teams. A losing season is assured. Chris Hatcher should do the honourable thing and resign.

Please pardon my positivity. We are an average football team in a league where there isn't a much separation between teams. Just hate it for the kids and coaches. Not sure I've ever seen a season with 4 OT games. Ran too many tricks on offense, helped them out with too many penalties. Had them on the ropes in the 1st half and let them off the hook.
sudog03

Postby Cujo » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:56 pm

03, we need your optimism.
Cujo

Postby SU DOG » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:41 pm

sudog03 wrote:
Cujo wrote:

Please pardon my positivity. We are an average football team in a league where there isn't a much separation between teams. Just hate it for the kids and coaches. Not sure I've ever seen a season with 4 OT games. Ran too many tricks on offense, helped them out with too many penalties. Had them on the ropes in the 1st half and let them off the hook.

BUT the kids and coaches are the ones who control their own fate. They could have and should have won this and several other games. Tricks - coaches, penalties - kids(players), letting them off the hook - both players and coaches. What about fans who have invested money, time, and effort in supporting and promoting this program for years and years? Fans who have never seen an outright conference championship or even ONE Playoff win in almost 30 years. Fans who want far better than just an average football team, and feel that we should have seen these goals reached by now. I think my record shows that I am one of those fans, and there are others on this Board who are also. Maybe there should be some concern for the feelings of these folks who have given much but gotten little. Folks that are concerned that we look like a program on a downward spiral, where the term AVERAGE my be replaced by the word BAD.

So what do we look forward to now? Auburn is a no-brainer loss, UTC seems unlikely, and even Western is a big question mark for a win. Next year the headline will probably be that our O-Line is just so young! I want to be optimistic also, but where can I turn to see that there is actually valid evidence for optimism?
SU DOG

Postby 77SU » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:51 pm

Amen, SU Dog! Where’s the like button?

Didn’t the coach say before the beginning of the season, this was the best team he ever had? What was that exact quote? It’s on the board somewhere.
77SU

Postby sudog03 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:56 pm

It was simply an observation.
sudog03

Postby Cujo » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:10 pm

I think we have seen the max we are going to get out of Hatcher. He peaked with Sullivan’s recruits (finding a way to lose a conference championship with at least one bad loss a season and not competitive in the first round of the playoffs). We were previously viewed as a dangerous, but inconsistent. Now were are consistent, but unfortunately that constant is bad to average. We are now Murray State in Birmingham. If Samford football was a stock, the forecast would be “sell”.
Cujo

PreviousNext

Return to The Dog Pound