Mercer Board - You DO Want To Tread This!

Mercer Board - You DO Want To Tread This!

Postby SU DOG » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:03 pm

Speculation about Coach Hatcher becoming the HC at Mercer dominates this discussion. One VERY interesting comment is that our OL Coach Shawn Bostick is currently building a new home in Forsyth Georgia, near Macon. Is this true? I dunno, but it is interesting and the poster sounds like he knows what he is talking about. Didn't HCCH just get a new contract last year? I guess all this is just speculation, but I have previously linked the source that showed Coach Hatcher(apparently) wanted to go back to Valdosta State after being at Samford his first year. Anyhow, this is interesting reading for sure.

http://mubeardown.com/thread/728/spoilers
SU DOG

Re: Mercer Board - You DO Want To Tread This!

Postby sudog03 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:59 pm

Well, let's see. Entire family is from there, and it's probably the best job in the league. I'm sure Hatcher along with a bunch of other coaches will be interested.
sudog03

Postby SU DOG » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:37 pm

Nobody could blame Hatcher for being interested, and if that is what you derived from my post then please read again. This to me is an interesting discussion from the Mercer Board, especially the part about Coach Bostick building the house over there. Now, maybe it is a spec house or maybe it is for parents, I dunno. The very first word, and the theme of my post of my post is SPECULATION.

My personal opinion is that Coach Hatcher would not get the job, if indeed it comes open. Mercer Fans seem very opinionated against him.
SU DOG

Postby sudog03 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:54 pm

Will be interesting to see what happens. If we win our remaining league games, big if, but would put us 16-8* in our last 24 league games. He's produced a couple of Payton award winners, he and his dad are pretty well thought of in central Georgia football circles, and he runs a fun offense to watch. If he were to apply, he would have one of the best resumes of experienced FCS coaches to apply, I would imagine. I have no idea his level of interest, but I wouldn't rule it out because of a few message board posters opinion.

17-7 if not for refs screwup at VMI. Anyone else find it interesting we didn't have a single penalty Saturday? League might as well have announced an apology.
sudog03

Postby SU DOG » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:58 pm

sudog03 wrote:Will be interesting to see what happens. If we win our remaining league games, big if, but would put us 16-8 in our last 24 league games. He's produced a couple of Payton award winners, he and his dad are pretty well thought of in central Georgia football circles, and he runs a fun offense to watch. If he were to apply, he would have one of the best resumes of experienced FCS coaches to apply, I would imagine. I have no idea his level of interest, but I wouldn't rule it out because of a few message board posters opinion.

Some good points 03.
SU DOG

Postby Cujo » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:26 pm

No comment, but Urban Meyer is available.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby BearDownMU » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:57 am

Bostick is from Forsyth. Not sure than plays into the whole Hatch Attack to Macon thing.
Some days you eat the bear. Some days the Bear eats you!
BearDownMU

Return to The Dog Pound