Una

Una

Postby Cujo » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:24 am

This is not a sarcastic question, but what are we trying to do on offense? I don’t see any screens. Aside from three point shots, I don’t see what we are doing to try to create shots other than individuals trying to create on there own. Assists do not appear to be part of the game plan (unless you pass to a three point shooter and it unlikely goes in). We are winning by one at the half, but there is nothing attractive about how we play. If the way we play basketball was likened to language, this would not be poetry—I think there would be a lot of “you know what I means”, “uhh’s” and subject verb disagreements.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Re: Una

Postby Cujo » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:54 am

This is painful to watch.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby SU DOG » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:29 am

Cujo wrote:This is not a sarcastic question, but what are we trying to do on offense? I don’t see any screens. Aside from three point shots, I don’t see what we are doing to try to create shots other than individuals trying to create on there own. Assists do not appear to be part of the game plan (unless you pass to a three point shooter and it unlikely goes in). We are winning by one at the half, but there is nothing attractive about how we play. If the way we play basketball was likened to language, this would not be poetry—I think there would be a lot of “you know what I means”, “uhh’s” and subject verb disagreements.

You have pretty much nailed it - individuals playing like there is no team concept.
SU DOG

Postby Cujo » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:31 am

The basketball program is in shambles.
Cujo

Postby BulldogBeast » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:31 am

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Don’t worry ... we have a basketball genius in charge of the athletic department. This is all part of the plan.
BulldogBeast

Postby DC_INT'L » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:51 pm

Worst loss in the last 25 years? Maybe not (I haven't looked), but it's certainly not encouraging, especially in terms of program building.
DC_INT'L

Postby Smurf » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:04 pm

BulldogBeast wrote:Whoa, whoa, whoa! Don’t worry ... we have a basketball genius in charge of the athletic department. This is all part of the plan.

It's a strong indictment against him that he has essentially failed twice to hire the right guy for the sport where he has the strongest background. It is becoming rapidly clear that he swung and missed again for his latest men's basketball hire.

Just imagine how bad we would be if we weren't emphasizing basketball.
BOE.
Smurf

Postby sudog03 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:49 pm

Right now, not sure we can win 3-4 league games. We have a lot of improving to do on both ends of the court.
sudog03

Postby big_dog1968 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:28 pm

I'll say it again. We didn't know how good we had it with CJT.

With all the moaning about football, it's the only program that showed up, played and WON on Saturday. FOE!
big_dog1968

Postby Smurf » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:34 pm

Tilette needed to go. He finished above .500 once in his last seven years. He was rightfully dismissed.
BOE.
Smurf

Next

Return to The Dog Pound