Furman and Wofford

Furman and Wofford

Postby Cujo » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:35 pm

Furman getting Peayed on 35-3 near the end of the 3D Q. We were a bad team in a bad SoCon.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Re: Furman and Wofford

Postby sudog03 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:47 pm

Furman hasn't been the same team the last month. And ETSU beat AP, and I think we beat ETSU. Wofford winning at the moment. Pretty sure we beat wofford. Austin Peay a great example of what happens when everyone one campus pulls together towards a successful football program. Sorry to interrupt bashing our own program, lol.
sudog03

Postby Cujo » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:31 am

Wofford loses.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby SU DOG » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:40 am

Austin Peay is a great example of a coach bringing his team along and improving as the season went on, and peaking at the right time. That is the example I would love to see us follow.
SU DOG

Postby Cujo » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:44 am

Well, at least our qb got better . . . uh, nevermind. I’m hoping the kid from Prattville will be an amazing talent.
Cujo

Postby sudog03 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:47 am

SU DOG wrote:Austin Peay is a great example of a coach bringing his team along and improving as the season went on, and peaking at the right time. That is the example I would love to see us follow.

Austin Peay has now won on a pretty big level with 2 different coaches, when no coach has won there previously in forever, if ever. We need to coach better, but the commitment that university has made is very significant and it is paying dividends. Where was that game played again?
sudog03

Postby SU DOG » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:12 am

Similar to the commitment that Samford made when Coach Sullivan came? I question because I know nothing of the APSU commitment. It sure seems that APSU reaped the benefits very quickly. I did hear Martin Newton state publicly to HCCH that Samford would bid aggressively for a Playoff game. Unfortunately, even with 3 All-Americans on the team, we still didn't make it.
SU DOG

Postby sudog03 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:16 am

We played 2 on the road with no bid. I don't think that's a secret. You never know when you get the next chance. APSU has made improvements in facilities and coaching staff money, all paid by the university. Please keep in mind alot of what was done when Coach Sullivan came was also raised by Coach Sullivan. APSU spent 17 million in 2012 on a stadium.
sudog03

Postby SU DOG » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:11 am

Coach Sullivan was one of the highest paid coaches in the nation(top 10), and that was paid by the university. HCCH was hired (after winning ONE D-1 game the year before) for a little less than what Pat was getting. I'm not happy with our results of the last 2 years. I'm really afraid that we are on a downward spiral. Coach won 7, then 6, then 5 at Georgia Southern in his 3 years there. At Murray, he went from winning seasons his first 2 years to 5-6, 6-6, to 3-9 in his last 3 years there. Honestly, after seeing our last 2 seasons, and considering past history, isn't that enough to make one concerned about our situation? I want to make it clearly understood that I will rejoice with GREAT joy if we have a good season next year. Truth is(in spite of referencing past records), I really like Chris Hatcher, and I hope he can bring us back to winning in the SoCon. However, we need to see progress soon.
SU DOG

Postby sudog03 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:16 am

I thought the subject and question was what APSU had done. You mentioned you weren't aware of the commitment they had made, they paid 17 million for a stadium, to name one thing they had done. I could find there budget numbers too, but not at the moment. I'm afraid having a sustainable winning playoff program requires much more than paying a head coach. I'm well aware of Hatchers past and current record. Hes the head coach, I'm going to support him, and hes put a very competitive product on the field, IMHO. The future is anyone's guess. If people want to continue to rehash his hire , volunteer to pack his boxes, as been mentioned here, mention his players successes without crediting coaching, so be it. I'm just not going to be one of them.
sudog03

Next

Return to The Dog Pound