Basketball

Re: Basketball

Postby SAM1014 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:10 pm

Maybe we took Padgett off scholarship since that was a bad decision from the get go. Have to use the employee discount to your advantage
SAM1014

Postby Smurf » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:22 pm

BOE.
Smurf

Postby SU DOG » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:09 pm

I see on this linked page that you can buy tickets for our game vs Wofford at the PHC for as low as $41. I will sell one for 1/2 that price. :lol:
SU DOG

Postby Cujo » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:38 pm

In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby Smurf » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:34 pm

Cujo, I was merely pointing out that he averages almost three and a half boards a game...cough cough.

I am going to hijack this thread like an Islamic terrorist, but is Stanley Henderson still a part of this basketball program? He is listed on the roster, but hasn't played a single minute in a year and a half. Given the modus operandi of the program, I am sure that unless you are fairly well connected to the inner workings of this team, you will be forever left in the dark on this and other player issues as the program operates in its own bubble without much regard for the public dissemination of issues like this. Because we are a small program I guess Padgett, Newton, and company feel they don't feel compelled to convey information to the very small (but loyal) fanbase. Myron Gordon is another prime example of this. He was a vital part of the team last year. He averaged 12 points a game last season, shot 44% from the field, and was second on the team in assists. He doesn't play this year and unless I missed it on Twitter somewhere along the way (there is nothing in the preseason media guide or in the most recent game notes, nor is there any info whatsoever on Henderson or Gordon's bio page on the main site), the program has remained silent on his absence. Why is the program hush hush on the absence of a player that was a major contributor last season? If it is a private issue, then I am okay with that, just say so, but this silent treatment the program gives us is flat out poor. You don't have to call a press conference on this, but just stick it somewhere in the media guide or game notes, or run a short blurb on the main site about it.
BOE.
Smurf

Postby Cujo » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:46 pm

The rumour from unreliable sources is that one of the two at least did not qualify academically. I’m hopeful that when semester grades come in that will resolve some issues. Your point, however, is spot on. The basketball program takes private school to a new level.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Previous

Return to The Dog Pound