Basketball Tidbits

Basketball Tidbits

Postby SU DOG » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:57 pm

Last win for MBB at Mckinzie Arena - Chattanooga was on Feb 10, 2010. That was a 78-54 victory led by a 30 point performance by sharpshooter Josh Davis who had 30 points and was 7 of 13 from behind the arc.

HCSP seems to agree with some comments made here that we should have gone inside more against Wofford:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpFPPgDx64c

Just a IMO personal observation - I think that Jalen Dupree and Robert Allen should develop more chemistry. I'm talking playing, not personal.
Also need to get Brandon Austin going. He has a tremendous ability to sink 3's if he will take good open looks.

Both MBB and WBB have a starter playing with a wrapped hand. Shauntai Battle broke her hand and did not play in the Fordham tourney. She is a good player whose efforts don't always show up in the stats. Her dad is an Auburn legend. Ronnie Battle is the #6 all-time leading scorer for the Tigers and spent 4 years in the NBA. Shauntai's mother went to Auburn on a Volleyball scholly - good DNA for sure.

Wofford Message Board WBB comment: "Very disappointing that we lost to a mediocre Samford Team." Hmmm, maybe it's the Terriers that is a mediocre team. :D

Samford WBB vs #1 Furman will be played Saturday at the Wellness Arena in Greenville instead of at Timmons Arena. This is to accommodate a double header, with their guys playing UNCG afterwards in a SoCon headliner. I don't know if UNCG's head man Wes Miller will be allowed to coach the Spartans or not. The SoCon may take action after his angry rampage Thursday Night.
SU DOG

Re: Basketball Tidbits

Postby SU DOG » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:10 am

BTW, Chat is a 5.5 points favorite over our men's team, and Furman is 3.5 points pick to beat the Samford Ladies.
SU DOG

Return to The Dog Pound