Chattanooga

Chattanooga

Postby Jiggs » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:33 pm

I’ve been watching Samford basketball for 45 years. This is some of the worst I’ve ever seen.
Jiggs

Re: Chattanooga

Postby SAM1014 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:55 pm

Man we suck
SAM1014

Postby SU DOG » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:04 pm

So PAINFUL to watch.
SU DOG

Postby sudog03 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:09 pm

03's keys to victory. Schedule more D2s and military schools.
sudog03

Postby Cujo » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:16 pm

I am trying not to complain about our marquee sports all the time, but damn. Time to start over with basketball.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby Smurf » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:49 pm

Cujo wrote:I am trying not to complain about our marquee sports all the time, but damn. Time to start over with basketball.

This is Newton's second bad hire, which is unacceptable in my book for a guy who was first and foremost a basketball guy. I was in favor of dismissing Tilette, but the truth of the matter is we are no better on the court with Seltzer or Padgett than we were with Tilette. If this is what re-emphasizing basketball looks like at SU then we need to seriously evaluate our athletic department leadership and certainly our head basketball coach.

Can someone confirm when Padgett and Newton's contracts expire?
BOE.
Smurf

Postby DawgFan » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:48 pm

Seriously, Samford’s men’s Basketball and Football programs need the help of a Sports Psychologist really bad. It would not hurt us fans to get help too. The very mention of a game vs Chattanooga in either of these sports brings out a cloud of gloom and doom that is a self inflicted wound that translates to pitiful play on the court or field. Why do we as fans expect anything else? We must be at least a little touched in the head to expect that one day things will turn around. That my friends is simply not the Samford way. Results in these sports do sometimes change, just in the direction we would not like them to. It’s like a snowman in the South, it might look great for a couple of hours, but, you know sooner rather than later it will melt away to a pile of slush. That’s what happens every time Samford has just a little bit of success and it looks like the proverbial tide might turn in our favor. Nope, not happening. No lasting snowmen in the South and no real success in Samford Basketball or Football. If we still believe there are better days ahead before major changes in the structure of these programs takes place, we may as well be waiting to board our flight at a train station.
DawgFan

Postby Cujo » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:35 am

So well said. Amen. I literally have quit going to the games. I have no hope. It’s not even entertaining.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby DawgFan » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:26 am

Exactly why SU Needs to move to Division III. No identity and an administration that does nothing to try to be a part of the finally emerging Birmingham sports scene. Very content to be the U over on Lakeshore Drive that is exclusive to the average Birmingham sports fan. BSC even does a much better job with creating their niche. I guess this way no one is held accountable for the success or sucksess of the teams. Good place to celebrate a kids Birthday party I suppose. No emotions will be shown just an average golf crowd. Oh yeah, no radio either.
DawgFan

Postby sudog03 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:08 am

Birmingham has an emerging sports scene? Please explain.

While our leadership is not perfect, thankfully we have not gone the way of Birmingham Southern, who has no niche and is a declining liberal arts college. Guess I missed the BSC football game on ESPN this year and their former players all over the NFL.
sudog03

Next

Return to The Dog Pound