Samford @ UNCG - I Don't Like The Matchup

Re: Samford @ UNCG - I Don't Like The Matchup

Postby Smurf » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:42 pm

My boy on the mic can't go 30 seconds without talking about this Solomon gal scoring another bucket to become UNCG's all time leading scorer.
BOE.
Smurf

Postby Cujo » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:45 pm

This is an impressive performance, and on the road no less. I was impressed with what this coach had done in one season, I’m very impressed now.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby Smurf » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:46 pm

If she can recruit as well as she can coach, the future would seem to look awfully bright for our women's program.
BOE.
Smurf

Postby 77SU » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:48 pm

Smurf wrote:My boy on the mic can't go 30 seconds without talking about this Solomon gal scoring another bucket to become UNCG's all time leading scorer.

All 10 of them. Shooting 2 of 9 and 0 for 5 beyond the arc.

Go Dogs!
77SU

Postby 77SU » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:54 pm

Smurf wrote:If she can recruit as well as she can coach, the future would seem to look awfully bright for our women's program.

At least for this year and maybe next. If this trend continues, unfortunately we'll be looking for a new coach sooner than later. This was the scenario our AD envisioned when he hired BS as the MBB coach.
77SU

Postby Cujo » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:57 pm

The guy on the mic did an outstanding job calling that game. He called the action. I have no problem with him emphasizing the one silver lining G had in the blow out on their home court.

I’m really interested in how well our new coach can recruit. If she can take most of last year’s line up, change the style and get the ladies to buy in and play this hard consistently, that is special. Amazing the difference in preaching team unity and doing it. At least 50% of coaching is psychology. This coach has the knack. Incredible start and a good omen for the future.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby Cujo » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:59 pm

The Board has officially taken notice. 77, are you suggesting that she get the men’s job when it opens up?
Cujo

Postby SU DOG » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:01 pm

Two other wins today might have also helped us. Western Carolina got their first win in beating Mercer, and Wofford beat Furman. The reason this can help is that we have already beaten both Western and Wofford on their floors, and both must come to PHC, as well as UNCG. To be honest, SAMFORD is now in the driver's seat to win the regular season SoCon crown. Lots of miles to go, but our ladies are now THE threat.

As for today's game, I was right about the Spartans and their inability to connect on very many 3s. I love the way Coach Kuhns packed it in, and dared them to beat us from outside. Also, the offside put-backs were held to doing us minimum damage. GREAT coaching job, and I am so proud of our girls.
SU DOG

Postby hotdiggitydog » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:36 pm

Girls rule...boys :cry:
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire
hotdiggitydog

Postby Cujo » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:30 am

The difference in off ball movement on offense and the lack of energy on defense is remarkable between the women and men.
Cujo

PreviousNext

Return to The Dog Pound