Replay or Revenge?

Replay or Revenge?

Postby SU DOG » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:01 pm

Samford WBB vs Furman tonight at the PHC, and I plan to be there. Furman, of course is the only setback in the SoCon for the #1 Bulldogs. At Furman the Paladins were awarded 27 free throws and connected on 20 of them in getting the 8 point win. This game is the only one where our new HC has gotten a technical foul. :D We also had a terrible shooting night, while Furman hit over 50% from the field, including 4-7 from 3-point land.

Furman, at 14-8 is a good team, no doubt about it. Remember they were picked in the coaches' poll to win the SoCon. They also had TWO players chosen as preseason all conference. Samford was picked to finish 7th with NO all SoCon selections. It is almost strange how FU and SU mirror each other in their personnel and even in playing strategy. Tonight's game should be a good one, but I lean towards the revenge side of the coin.

GO DOGS!!!!!
SU DOG

Re: Replay or Revenge?

Postby Cujo » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:16 am

It was neither a good one nor pay back. One more strike and you are out. Yikes, we looked like we were pressing too hard—missed layups, cold from wide open 3. It is hard to go from the hunter into the hunted. It ain’t easy at the top. They’ll rebound. I like this team.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby SU DOG » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:31 am

Strange night in the SoCon, as ALL top 3 teams were upset. This means that Samford is still in first, but missed a golden opportunity tonight to leave the pack. Outrageous shooting by the Paladins, as they shot 60%. A pretty good Wofford Team comes to the PHC on Saturday, and the Dogs need to bounce back.
In leaving tonight, through a cold mist, I couldn't believe what I saw. Casey Dunn had his team out there on the field practicing. This could be another special year for Samford Baseball.
SU DOG

Postby 77SU » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:53 pm

Last night was disappointing but fun. As I told Mrs77, five old men sitting together watching The Ladies of Lakeshore.
77SU

Postby Smurf » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:02 pm

SU DOG wrote:In leaving tonight, through a cold mist, I couldn't believe what I saw. Casey Dunn had his team out there on the field practicing. This could be another special year for Samford Baseball.

SU baseball picked to finish first in the SoCon yesterday with numerous first team all conference selections. It would great if Dunn could bump up this program another notch by taking it to a super regional. It is a lofty goal, but I don't think it is unrealistic.
BOE.
Smurf

Postby Cujo » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:09 pm

Isn’t it interesting how much better Samford got in baseball when we hired Dunn and how we have consistently stayed good. A good coach wins. A lot of good people coach, but not all of them are winners. Winners win, but it doesn’t mean they are good people. To have a good person who is a good coach is something special and should be what Samford is looking for. You will see it in what they do . . . consistently.

Stock:
Dunn—keep/buy
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby bulldogblog » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:02 pm

Smurf wrote:
SU DOG wrote:In leaving tonight, through a cold mist, I couldn't believe what I saw. Casey Dunn had his team out there on the field practicing. This could be another special year for Samford Baseball.

SU baseball picked to finish first in the SoCon yesterday with numerous first team all conference selections. It would great if Dunn could bump up this program another notch by taking it to a super regional. It is a lofty goal, but I don't think it is unrealistic.

I resent that characterization!
bulldogblog

Postby bulldogblog » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:02 pm

uh, that was actually meant for 77 calling me d
old.
bulldogblog

Postby SU DOG » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:29 pm

bulldogblog wrote:uh, that was actually meant for 77 calling me d
old.

I think he was referring to that small group of guys sitting just down to our right. They were obviously somewhat older than us.
SU DOG

Return to The Dog Pound