Padgett Fired

Re: Padgett Fired

Postby 77SU » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:41 pm

Jay wrote:Where can I watch that interview?

Samford Sports Twitter and Facebook accounts. Series of interviews; AD was third in the series, so far.

@Samford_Sports

Coaching search is last interview question, so toward end of the segment.
77SU

Postby BulldogBeast » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:33 pm

This is a great opportunity for ADMN! Not many ADs at this level get the chance to take a third bite at the apple as far as the department’s self-proclaimed biggest hire goes. He can totally redeem himself in that area with a great hire. I hope he is truly using this extra time to exhaust all of the different possibilities out there and relying on those in his leadership team who have been making more consistently good hires in recent years.

Heading into his tenure, I believed ADMN would be really strong at 1) Hiring MBB coaches and 2) Marketing. At this point, it is safe to say that neither one of those categories has come to fruition, but hey, this could be the opportunity that he needs to turn everything around.

“So you’re telling me there’s a chance.” - Lloyd Christmas
BulldogBeast

Postby Cujo » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:27 pm

Y’all talk, but when is the last time we had players with this much spit and vinegar?

https://twitter.com/coachmikemorris/sta ... 43681?s=21

I remember our team going to Alabama and knocking a chip off the big boys shoulder, picking it up and daring them to knock it off our shoulder.

Oh, and we didn’t play a game of 5 players playing one on one then either.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby Jay » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:35 pm

And Marc barely played. Reed (who is currently battling cancer) and Gabe Skypala got into a fight the night prior. Marc then missed shoot around and barely played. But Gabe dominated Alabama that night. We won and our best player barely played.
Go Bulldogs!!!
Jay

Postby Cujo » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:22 pm

Did Marc barely play? Lol. Jk.

I remember it well. I was there.

Back in the days of the old board and dial up internet.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby Smurf » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:28 pm

And we had a strong contingent of SU folks who showed up for that game. We gave a good account of ourselves both on the court and in the stands that night.
BOE.
Smurf

Postby hotdiggitydog » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:40 pm

Disclaimer... this is coming purely from my crazy, social distancing-disturbed mind. I have heard no rumors to this effect and I can think of plenty of reasons why we wouldn't/shouldn't do it. With that said, is anyone else even a little concerned that our administration may be waiting to see if basketball season gets canceled before actually filling the vacancy?
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire
hotdiggitydog

Postby Cujo » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:16 pm

I've quit thinking about it.
Cujo

Previous

Return to The Dog Pound