Requests

Requests

Postby SU 97 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:46 am

If you have someone who is trying to get into the message board, please have them email their requested screen name to me directly at amb2420@gmail.com and I'll go in and find their request and approve it. I get hundreds of requests daily from Russian bots and can't tell good names from bad so I've been ignoring most of them hoping the bots will eventually get bored.

If they've submitted one in the past two weeks, ask them to resubmit because it likely got deleted. Hopefully this new process will help real people get in but keep the Russians out. :)
SU 97
Site Admin

Re: Requests

Postby SU DOG » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:55 pm

I have a friend in Russia who has tried several times to join the Board. He is Ivan Kervanovich and lives in Putingarred Russia. He somehow(on internet) saw our mascot, and the word SAM. He, understandably, did not recognize Sam as a bulldog, but drew the inaccurate conclusion that this was a SAMOYED(google it). Ivan is an avid lover of this Russian breed, and has several of these dogs. He was elated to see his favorite as an American mascot, and felt this was also an important development for better relations and understanding between our countries. He has even inquired about starting a Samford Fan Club, and has emailed Vladimir Putin about the new cordial relations portal that has been opened up between our countries. Ivan told me that it is not known at this time if Mr. Putin will act on his revelation, but may be preparing for some type of recognition for Samford University.

I am caught now in a terrible dilemma. While I would love to see my friend posting on here, I fear for his well-being when all the "dog facts" are finally realized. Maybe it is best just to continue blocking as is now being done, by SU 97, who is always on top of things.
SU DOG

Postby SU 97 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:14 pm

I found two this way, one emailed me and the other found via a referral from Smurf. I've set up a new system of filtering on my emails to try and lessen the time it takes to find and approve new members. As I requested above, send me an email me with the username you are requesting and I can find it quickly.

Interestingly enough, the corona related names have skyrocketed in the last two days. :lol:
SU 97
Site Admin

Postby SU DOG » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:17 pm

Check for PM.
SU DOG

Return to The Dog Pound