Basketball roster 20/21

Re: Basketball roster 20/21

Postby SU DOG » Mon May 04, 2020 4:04 pm

One minor correction, Rillie did receive an offer from IUPUI.
SU DOG
 
Posts: 7471
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:30 pm

Re: Basketball roster 20/21

Postby samDOT19 » Mon May 04, 2020 4:14 pm

77SU wrote:So has everyone ordered their SAM-dot Bucky Ball t-shirt for $26+tax?

They gave us the Witness the Beginning t-shirts and look where that got us. Maybe paying for the new shirts will bring better results.

When they get rid of SAM-dot, then give me a call. During my corn-teen closet purge, I found the Nike Golf Dri-Fit SAM-dot polo given to Samford Classic volunteers.last October. Anyone interested in a size large, navy blue Nike polo? Didn't want to send it to Goodwill without asking.


Ha! This is great. I can still hear Martin Newton on the "big reveal" video of SAMdot bragging about being the first college to use punctuation in its logo... I mean how much money did they spend to have some "expert" come up with SAMdot? What an awful branding idea. Anyways, I am a big fan of the Bucky Ball shirt. I'll be ordering mine in Navy Blue.
samDOT19
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:58 am

Re: Basketball roster 20/21

Postby Smurf » Mon May 04, 2020 4:37 pm

I hope we are not chasing a quick fix with these transfers and are truly investing in building this thing from the ground up.
BOE.
Smurf
 
Posts: 5278
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:17 pm
Location: Durham, NC

Re: Basketball roster 20/21

Postby Cujo » Mon May 04, 2020 5:38 pm

samDOT19 wrote:
77SU wrote:So has everyone ordered their SAM-dot Bucky Ball t-shirt for $26+tax?

They gave us the Witness the Beginning t-shirts and look where that got us. Maybe paying for the new shirts will bring better results.

When they get rid of SAM-dot, then give me a call. During my corn-teen closet purge, I found the Nike Golf Dri-Fit SAM-dot polo given to Samford Classic volunteers.last October. Anyone interested in a size large, navy blue Nike polo? Didn't want to send it to Goodwill without asking.


Ha! This is great. I can still hear Martin Newton on the "big reveal" video of SAMdot bragging about being the first college to use punctuation in its logo... I mean how much money did they spend to have some "expert" come up with SAMdot? What an awful branding idea. Anyways, I am a big fan of the Bucky Ball shirt. I'll be ordering mine in Navy Blue.


Why would anyone buy a brand before you see what the brand is? I recall the witness t-shirts. Didn't see any of those around after year one. I also recall we were going to play an up-tempo, pressing style under the prior two HC. That didn't last long either. I'll wait and see what Bucky Ball means. If it means winning, I may get one. If it is what I've seen the last 10 years, I guess it wouldn't be too hard to handwrite a big S with a marker over the B in Bucky.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo
 
Posts: 10841
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:34 am

Re: Basketball roster 20/21

Postby Smurf » Mon May 04, 2020 5:41 pm

Cujo wrote:
samDOT19 wrote:
77SU wrote:So has everyone ordered their SAM-dot Bucky Ball t-shirt for $26+tax?

They gave us the Witness the Beginning t-shirts and look where that got us. Maybe paying for the new shirts will bring better results.

When they get rid of SAM-dot, then give me a call. During my corn-teen closet purge, I found the Nike Golf Dri-Fit SAM-dot polo given to Samford Classic volunteers.last October. Anyone interested in a size large, navy blue Nike polo? Didn't want to send it to Goodwill without asking.


Ha! This is great. I can still hear Martin Newton on the "big reveal" video of SAMdot bragging about being the first college to use punctuation in its logo... I mean how much money did they spend to have some "expert" come up with SAMdot? What an awful branding idea. Anyways, I am a big fan of the Bucky Ball shirt. I'll be ordering mine in Navy Blue.


Why would anyone buy a brand before you see what the brand is? I recall the witness t-shirts. Didn't see any of those around after year one.


After year one, Seltzer essentially forced the loyals into the witness protection program.
BOE.
Smurf
 
Posts: 5278
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:17 pm
Location: Durham, NC

Re: Basketball roster 20/21

Postby samDOT19 » Tue May 05, 2020 12:39 am

Cujo wrote:
samDOT19 wrote:
77SU wrote:So has everyone ordered their SAM-dot Bucky Ball t-shirt for $26+tax?

They gave us the Witness the Beginning t-shirts and look where that got us. Maybe paying for the new shirts will bring better results.

When they get rid of SAM-dot, then give me a call. During my corn-teen closet purge, I found the Nike Golf Dri-Fit SAM-dot polo given to Samford Classic volunteers.last October. Anyone interested in a size large, navy blue Nike polo? Didn't want to send it to Goodwill without asking.


Ha! This is great. I can still hear Martin Newton on the "big reveal" video of SAMdot bragging about being the first college to use punctuation in its logo... I mean how much money did they spend to have some "expert" come up with SAMdot? What an awful branding idea. Anyways, I am a big fan of the Bucky Ball shirt. I'll be ordering mine in Navy Blue.


Why would anyone buy a brand before you see what the brand is? I recall the witness t-shirts. Didn't see any of those around after year one. I also recall we were going to play an up-tempo, pressing style under the prior two HC. That didn't last long either. I'll wait and see what Bucky Ball means. If it means winning, I may get one. If it is what I've seen the last 10 years, I guess it wouldn't be too hard to handwrite a big S with a marker over the B in Bucky.


Lighten up, Cujo.. it's a tee-shirt. Sorry for being excited about the future of our basketball program. Isn't that what being a fan is all about.. unconditional loyalty and optimism?
samDOT19
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:58 am

Re: Basketball roster 20/21

Postby sudog03 » Tue May 05, 2020 1:19 am

samDOT19 wrote:Lighten up, Cujo.. it's a tee-shirt. Sorry for being excited about the future of our basketball program. Isn't that what being a fan is all about.. unconditional loyalty and optimism?


I think your definition is better categorized as being a lemming.
sudog03
 
Posts: 3785
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Basketball roster 20/21

Postby Cujo » Tue May 05, 2020 1:42 am

You want the stepford fans?

Seriously, it isn’t just a t-shirt. It’s a mindset that has permeated Samford sports for the last 10-15 years. It’s a lot of talk, a lot of hype, and a lot of meaningless words and a lot of delusional optimism.

As the head coach says: “you earn respect”. Earn it. Stop with the words. “A little less conversation and a little more action. All this aggravation ain’t satisfaction. A little more bite a little less bark”. This should be the Samford theme song. https://youtu.be/WWVMXLSS1cA
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo
 
Posts: 10841
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:34 am

Re: Basketball roster 20/21

Postby Smurf » Tue May 05, 2020 12:10 pm

The problem is not with the fan base. This isn't a marriage. Loyalty will only go so far until the fans begin to become jaded and pessimistic. This didn't happen overnight. Years of this kinda crap has consequences. If the basketball program wants optimism, they need to give the loyal fans here something tangible to be excited about. Naivety left the building some time ago.
BOE.
Smurf
 
Posts: 5278
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:17 pm
Location: Durham, NC

Re: Basketball roster 20/21

Postby 77SU » Tue May 05, 2020 2:22 pm

Cujo wrote:You want the stepford fans?

Seriously, it isn’t just a t-shirt. It’s a mindset that has permeated Samford sports for the last 10-15 years. It’s a lot of talk, a lot of hype, and a lot of meaningless words and a lot of delusional optimism.

As the head coach says: “you earn respect”. Earn it. Stop with the words. “A little less conversation and a little more action. All this aggravation ain’t satisfaction. A little more bite a little less bark”. This should be the Samford theme song. https://youtu.be/WWVMXLSS1cA


Smurf wrote:The problem is not with the fan base. This isn't a marriage. Loyalty will only go so far until the fans begin to become jaded and pessimistic. This didn't happen overnight. Years of this kinda crap has consequences. If the basketball program wants optimism, they need to give the loyal fans here something tangible to be excited about. Naivety left the building some time ago.


77SU wrote:Get off my lawn!
77SU
 
Posts: 5512
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:42 pm
Location: Huntsville

PreviousNext

Return to The Dog Pound

  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests