Football season—questions

Re: Football season—questions

Postby Cujo » Thu May 14, 2020 12:58 pm

California state universities are closed for fall semester – – affects 23 universities. Expect civil unrest on the west coast soon.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby sudog03 » Thu May 14, 2020 1:30 pm

Cujo wrote:https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2020/05/auburn-president-jay-gogue-claims-were-going-to-have-football-this-fall.html

Deadline for Tigers Unlimited renewals is May 31st.
sudog03

Postby SU DOG » Thu May 14, 2020 4:12 pm

Cujo wrote:I'm going to yell "fire" in a crowded theater, but "social distancing and quarantining is and was never about public health". We are not sheep. We are Americans, damn it. Liberty or death. Defend your rights and don't be herded into the slaughter house pen like sheep due to fear. If they are going to run us over, bite the damn tire as your last act of defiance. A life without liberty is no life at all.

If it takes the threat of taking college football away from us for society to grow a pair of proverbial "manhoods", then by gosh I dare them to make the threat. If we do not care about any other God-given right, we won't give up our God given right to be entertained by college football. Our rally cry in the year 2020 should be: "Give me the right to assemble and watch college football, or give me death."

And still I ask, where is Chris Hatcher?

Knowing cujo's history, I'm not sure how much of this is tongue-in-cheek, and posted to get response or how much you actually mean. If, however, this is meant with a great deal of seriousness, I will have to offer a loud rebuttal. Those of us who have loved ones on the frontlines of this battle can offer quite a different viewpoint. My daughter at UAB has seen co-workers, their spouses, and friends suffer horribly with the virus. Some have made it relatively easily, BUT, at least one has died. The spouse of one miraculously came off the ventilator, but permanently lost all kidney function and will have to have dialysis the rest of his life. Her Dept head made it, but said it was incredible how much suffering he endured for 3-4 weeks. These are just 3 of several cases that she was close to.

I fear for her(my daughter) safety every day. She, as many other healthcare workers, go to work every day knowing the possibility exists that they will contract the virus. This they do in spite of recent pay cuts from underfunding. To me they are heroes who I can only help by respecting the guidelines and praying for them.

I have seen far more football games at Seibert than anybody on this Board, and I truly love college football. However, I realize I am in that highest of the at risk group to be able to survive the virus. My hope is that the high humidity will lessen the spread, and that a vaccine will be quickly developed. In the meantime, I will continue to do whatever I can to protect myself and respect those brave frontline healthcare workers.

BE SAFE!
SU DOG

Postby sudog03 » Thu May 14, 2020 7:02 pm

Southern Conference out with their first round of cuts today.
sudog03

Postby Cujo » Thu May 14, 2020 7:10 pm

sudog03 wrote:Southern Conference out with their first round of cuts today.

Explain what "first round of cuts" means.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby Cujo » Thu May 14, 2020 7:19 pm

SU DOG wrote:
Cujo wrote:I'm going to yell "fire" in a crowded theater, but "social distancing and quarantining is and was never about public health". We are not sheep. We are Americans, damn it. Liberty or death. Defend your rights and don't be herded into the slaughter house pen like sheep due to fear. If they are going to run us over, bite the damn tire as your last act of defiance. A life without liberty is no life at all.

If it takes the threat of taking college football away from us for society to grow a pair of proverbial "manhoods", then by gosh I dare them to make the threat. If we do not care about any other God-given right, we won't give up our God given right to be entertained by college football. Our rally cry in the year 2020 should be: "Give me the right to assemble and watch college football, or give me death."

And still I ask, where is Chris Hatcher?

Knowing cujo's history, I'm not sure how much of this is tongue-in-cheek, and posted to get response or how much you actually mean. If, however, this is meant with a great deal of seriousness, I will have to offer a loud rebuttal. Those of us who have loved ones on the frontlines of this battle can offer quite a different viewpoint. My daughter at UAB has seen co-workers, their spouses, and friends suffer horribly with the virus. Some have made it relatively easily, BUT, at least one has died. The spouse of one miraculously came off the ventilator, but permanently lost all kidney function and will have to have dialysis the rest of his life. Her Dept head made it, but said it was incredible how much suffering he endured for 3-4 weeks. These are just 3 of several cases that she was close to.

I fear for her(my daughter) safety every day. She, as many other healthcare workers, go to work every day knowing the possibility exists that they will contract the virus. This they do in spite of recent pay cuts from underfunding. To me they are heroes who I can only help by respecting the guidelines and praying for them.

I have seen far more football games at Seibert than anybody on this Board, and I truly love college football. However, I realize I am in that highest of the at risk group to be able to survive the virus. My hope is that the high humidity will lessen the spread, and that a vaccine will be quickly developed. In the meantime, I will continue to do whatever I can to protect myself and respect those brave frontline healthcare workers.

BE SAFE!

I hope you stay safe and your daughter does too, SUD. Keep exercising that right to choose to self-isolate and keep exercising that freedom of speech--that kind of liberty is what makes you a great American. But, as I said before, it ain't about the Covid19, it is about liberty and the right to be left alone. Say no to the jackbooted heavy-handed tactics of an authoritarian regime mandating healthy people quarantine.

The Alabama motto is: "We dare defend our rights". A motto isn't just words on a page--if it means something you have to back it up.
Cujo

Postby sudog03 » Thu May 14, 2020 7:29 pm

Cujo wrote:
sudog03 wrote:Southern Conference out with their first round of cuts today.

Explain what "first round of cuts" means.

It means I believe more is coming.

When language like this is used I don't think it's a stretch:

- Identifying other potential savings concepts that each institution can implement per its preference.

Moreover, we certainly can and will revisit our policies as needed.
sudog03

Postby Cujo » Thu May 14, 2020 9:53 pm

The initial cuts don't seem unreasonable. In fact, they look like pretty reasonable even for non-crisis times.
Cujo

Postby sudog03 » Fri May 15, 2020 1:31 am

Cujo wrote:The initial cuts don't seem unreasonable. In fact, they look like pretty reasonable even for non-crisis times.

Agree. That's what the bursting of a bubble looks like.
sudog03

Postby Cujo » Fri May 15, 2020 1:32 am

The Hatch Attack is back. I saw the ad!
Cujo

PreviousNext

Return to The Dog Pound