Scott Padgett Article

Scott Padgett Article

Postby SU DOG » Fri May 29, 2020 2:26 pm

I hope Scott does well somewhere in some position.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk ... r-BB14IoyE
SU DOG

Re: Scott Padgett Article

Postby Cujo » Fri May 29, 2020 4:10 pm

Nice find, SUD. Thanks for posting that article. Pagett is a good guy--I like the guy and I honestly hope he gets another chance and does well. However, if getting fired was a surprise after the performance of the team the last few years, he's kind of a naïve guy. He should have been expecting it. He should also thank Samford (Martin) for getting the opportunity to be a head coach. His hire was a gamble that didn't really pay off, but he got his shot.

He does have a point about some injuries, but there is no explanation/discussion regarding why the players quit. If you wanted to do a hard hitting, real journalistic piece, there may have been a lot more to the story that could have been told. Also, there is no mention on the number of recruits who either didn't pan out as D1 players or who did and left the program.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby sudog03 » Fri May 29, 2020 5:22 pm

We just tied the program record for losses in a season, and were like the worst in the country against the spread (meaning we weren't just losing, but getting blown out). Everything that went wrong wasn't all Scott's fault, but neither was it just due to just a few injuries. Dancing on graves isn't really something I'm interested in, but if he wants to find something to improve on, I'd start with developing an ability to correct things when they go wrong other than just being able to show frustration.
sudog03

Postby Smurf » Fri May 29, 2020 5:39 pm

There are worse things in the world than hunkering down in the wide open space of Montana while waiting for a new job and for COVID to pass.
BOE.
Smurf

Postby sudog03 » Fri May 29, 2020 5:40 pm

Smurf wrote:There are worse things in the world than hunkering down in the wide open space of Montana while waiting for a new job and for COVID to pass.

While getting paid.
sudog03

Return to The Dog Pound