Board Issues

Board Issues

Postby SU 97 » Sun May 31, 2020 2:33 pm

So, an update is available for the board that would allow me back into the admin control panel to approve posters. BUT, the computer jargon is greek to me. It's not as simple as point/click/install. I'm fairly tech savvy but this is above my knowledge. I have gotten recommendations for where to move a new board to and I think that's likely going to be the best option for a couple of reasons. The platform running this board is super clunky to use and the board is still under a "behind the scenes" attack by bots. There are hundreds of requests a day that overwhelm the admin's email. I hope to have that a new board up by the end of this week but make no promises. Hopefully if not by next weekend, a new board will be up by June 10th.

I'm going to communicate the issues to those people who have requested membership and ask them to wait until the new board is up and running. I'll keep posting updates here as I progress. If you have any questions, message me here or email amb2420@gmail.com.
SU 97
Site Admin

Re: Board Issues

Postby big_dog1968 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:03 am

SU 97 wrote:So, an update is available for the board that would allow me back into the admin control panel to approve posters. BUT, the computer jargon is greek to me. It's not as simple as point/click/install. I'm fairly tech savvy but this is above my knowledge. I have gotten recommendations for where to move a new board to and I think that's likely going to be the best option for a couple of reasons. The platform running this board is super clunky to use and the board is still under a "behind the scenes" attack by bots. There are hundreds of requests a day that overwhelm the admin's email. I hope to have that a new board up by the end of this week but make no promises. Hopefully if not by next weekend, a new board will be up by June 10th.

I'm going to communicate the issues to those people who have requested membership and ask them to wait until the new board is up and running. I'll keep posting updates here as I progress. If you have any questions, message me here or email amb2420@gmail.com.

Where are you moving the board to?
big_dog1968

Postby SU 97 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:41 pm

Hopefully to the same site used by WCU unless anyone on here has other options.
SU 97
Site Admin

Postby big_dog1968 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:06 pm

How are we doing?
big_dog1968

Postby The Cats » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:34 pm

I will volunteer to create the Bulldog faithful a new message board if you guys want that. I can create either the type I use with the Catamount Sports Forum (https://catamount.boards.net/) or the one used by Catamount Pride board (http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/main.a ... x32-37&ld=). Just let me know.
The Cats

Postby SU 97 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:16 pm

Will you email me (amb2420@gmail.com) and we can coordinate? I didn't get a chance to answer big_dog's question yesterday. Between working full-time, launching a side gig, and single parenting, there isn't much time left in the day. I'd love the help getting a new board up and running. I don't know about everyone else here but I'd love a board that allows for posting similar to what we have here but a streamlined registration process that isn't too cumbersome but avoids the bots. Whichever one is easier to keep updated when software updates come out would be my preference too. That's what has led to the issues with this board.

Does anyone have a preference as to which style we should move to?
SU 97
Site Admin

Postby Smurf » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:32 pm

One thing I do like about this board is that it is a single forum. I have visited message boards where there are subforums after subforms and therefore way too much specificity. That gets confusing. I like visiting a board where I don't have to sort through 10 different forums and try to determine in what forum my post should fit. Here we just post with each thread serving as a separate topic. I like that.
BOE.
Smurf

Postby SAM1014 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:06 pm

I agree with Smurf
SAM1014

Postby SU DOG » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:07 pm

100% agree with smurf. We don't need sub-forums PLEASE.
SU DOG

Postby SU 97 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:20 pm

I would agree with the one main page idea. I want to copy that format for sure.
SU 97
Site Admin

Next

Return to The Dog Pound