Board Issues

Re: Board Issues

Postby The Cats » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:23 pm

Either board can be set up as a single page forum.

I'd like to know which format most fans want, the Catamount sports forum or the Catamount Pride forum. Both boards have easy, automatic registration if that's what you want or you can set both up requiring admin approval for new members, updates to the programs on both are automatically done, requiring nothing to be done by the administrator on either.

On the pro board forums, you can make then as simple or complicated as you like in the looks department and on the Delphi board, you have less flexibility on what it will look like, and it will be very similar to the Catamount Pride board (http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/main.a ... x32-37&ld=).
The Cats

Postby The Cats » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:55 pm

Here's a new board for you to check out. It was created from Delphi forums, it's a very simple board and will have only one page for all threads. Additional pages can be added (ie "football" "basketball" "baseball") in the future if you decide you want them. It has an easy sign-up process and will automatically approve your request as it's setup now, as before, that can be changed as well if need be in the future. This was the more simple of the two boards to set up, if you guys prefer the ProBoards forum, I'll be glad to delete this board and set up one of those, but it a little more complicated and time-consuming to set up. Just let me know. Here the link to the board
https://forums.delphiforums.com/subulldogs/start

Let me know what you think after signing up and using it a bit. I can easily sign over the board to your administrator once he/she has signed up on the new board.

Keep in mind, names, etc. of the board can be changed, but not the link to the board.
The Cats

Postby 77SU » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:31 pm

Please, don’t use the SAM-dot logo. The classic Bulldog over SAMFORD would be better.
77SU

Postby The Cats » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:30 pm

77SU wrote:Please, don’t use the SAM-dot logo. The classic Bulldog over SAMFORD would be better.

Better? Why not sign up and tell us your experience.
The Cats

Postby 77SU » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:50 pm

The Cats wrote:
77SU wrote:Please, don’t use the SAM-dot logo. The classic Bulldog over SAMFORD would be better.

Better? Why not sign up and tell us your experience.

Done. Also provided link to official athletics logo website. As much as we liked it, the Bulldog swoosh is no longer acceptable.

Thanks for the new board!
77SU

Postby The Cats » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:35 pm

I have set up a ProBoard forum for you to see. Let me know what you think.

Go ahead and sign up for a log-on for both boards, test them out, and see what you think. On the Proboard forum, the colors can change, as well as the Hall of Fame picture (it can be replaced with a different picture or eliminated altogether).

Here's a link to the ProBoard forum https://samford.proboards.com/
Last edited by The Cats on Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Cats

Postby DC_INT'L » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:56 pm

I vote for the proboards board.
DC_INT'L

Postby hotdiggitydog » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:20 pm

Pro Board is fine. Delphi didn't like my user name. :-(
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire
hotdiggitydog

Postby Smurf » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:18 pm

Should we make it officially Pro Boards then?
BOE.
Smurf

Postby SU 97 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:25 pm

I would make it proboards. It looks much like what we've gotten used to here. I think it would be easier to maintain over time and pretty easy for everyone to jump over. All in favor?
SU 97
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Dog Pound