Jake Headrick leaving SU

Jake Headrick leaving SU

Postby smalltownbulldog » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:43 pm

According to hoopdirt, sounds like he is not leaving for another job...is this the beginning of another chapter in the exodus of Samford basketball? He was the asst I thought was most important to this staff.
smalltownbulldog

Re: Jake Headrick leaving SU

Postby smalltownbulldog » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:57 pm

Sounds like nothing malicious or problematic on either party, just one of those things. So, next question, who do we get to replace him? Does this open an on-court role for Reboul or one of the other administrative guys or do we go get someone else?
smalltownbulldog

Postby Smurf » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:14 pm

You have to wonder if Reboul still has the passion and energy to be a full time on the court assistant at the Division I level, but if he does, I'd love to see it happen. My guess though is that Reboul isn't willing to take on a bigger role at this stage of his career.
BOE.
Smurf

Postby 77SU » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:30 am

On the call last night we both thought the statement was made that a coach had been hired from Iona. Didn't catch a name.
77SU

Postby smalltownbulldog » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:38 pm

Iona would not be a terrible match culture-wise, small religious school from a one bid league that has been really really successful. I might be looking for a change too if my boss went from Tim Cluess to Rick Pitino. :shock:
smalltownbulldog

Return to The Dog Pound