Youngstown game

Youngstown game

Postby Cujo » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:24 pm

Anyone planning on going?
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Re: Youngstown game

Postby 77SU » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:43 pm

No.
77SU

Postby Cujo » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:25 pm

2:00 pm in mid August have anything to do with it?
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby 77SU » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:50 pm

That doesn’t work in our favor, but every time we’ve had a “special” game away from Seibert, the amenities have been lacking and somehow we seem to be paying extra for the “honor.”
77SU

Postby Smurf » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:57 pm

Cujo wrote:2:00 pm in mid August have anything to do with it?

Not that it doesn't get hot in northeast Ohio, but we'll be spending two-a-days in hotter and more humid weather than the Penguins during their two-a-days. Furthermore, most of our kids are from the deep south and are used to hot August days in Dixie. I doubt the same could be said for the YSU kids. Maybe this is where we turn the tables on the 1991 game.
BOE.
Smurf

Postby SU DOG » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:08 pm

I hope we have a good showing on the field and in the stands for the Classic. No, most of the nation will not care about the game. Samford will, however, be representing the SoCon against arguably the strongest conference in FCS. There will be some interest across the country with people who follow FCS. A few football-starved fans will also have some interest. Maybe the chance for Samford to improve its image is not as great as the danger of damaging it, but IMO, this is an important event for Samford. YES, my wife and I plan to attend the game. I certainly also hope that our administrators will work hard to get students and others to be there.
SU DOG

Postby Two Rings » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:50 pm

Our Tribe will be there.
Two Rings

Postby Cujo » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:26 pm

By the way, I plan to attend. If there is an air conditioning option ticket for the game. I'll take at least 5.
Cujo

Postby funkychicken » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:58 pm

I have survived the two Montgomery “Kick Off” Classics that Jax State played in. I will have to temper my response because the first three FCS KO Classics were played at on campus stadiums, and I was “disappointed” when I found out our game with utc would be in Montgomery. The first three FCS KO games actually were the first football games played for that year, the Montgomery games, not so much. There were several FBS games played on the same day as our two KO games.

That being said, go to Montgomery, support the Dogs, and have a good time. A 2 o’clock start time will be brutal, if it stays there. Our 7 pm kickoff was still well over 90* and you could feel it. The first year, we had reserved seats in the stands, but last year we bought the premium tickets that included a buffet, beverages, and AIR CONDITIONING. Money well spent. You can order tickets on the KO Classic website or the university may offer a package.

A 2 pm kick means you can drive to the game in the morning, cheer for the Dogs during the game, then drive home. Both of our games were a 7 pm kickoff, so we had to get a room for Saturday night.
Like I said, go and enjoy the game. With the FCS playoffs in November, a lot of other things are going on (*Thanksgiving*), so in August the schedule is doable.

FC
Jax State MBB NCAA 17 CBI 18
1AA/FCS Playoffs: 2003, 04, 10, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
D2 Football National Champs 1992
D2 Baseball World Series Champs 1990, 1991
D2 Men's Basketball National Champs 1985
D2 Women's Gymnastics National Champs 1984, 1985
funkychicken

Postby SU DOG » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:37 pm

ESPN Zone tickets are listed @ $100 each, while Field Suites are $70.00. This price includes food, beverages, and reserved parking. Tip- Don't call Samford just yet because they don't know about what will be coordinated concerning tickets, suites, and other issues at this time. I was told we can try back in a couple-three weeks for suite info and to see if there will be any deals and events for Bulldog Club Members. My reply was that coordination should have been worked out BEFORE announcement that tickets were on sale. In fairness, I guess that decision could have been with the Classic folks, but it just seemed not-right that so little information was available at this time.
SU DOG

Next

Return to The Dog Pound