Football Questions

Football Questions

Postby SU DOG » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:36 pm

I did not see one single ST practice, so some of my thoughts might be off base,

Can this team have a better record than a team with THREE AAs which could only go 6-5?
Who will be the main QB?
Chris Oladokun shows terrific RPO talent(see his films). Will Samford utilize more of this type of offense?
Samford has a 5-7, 243 pound RB. Will we see this bowling ball used to gain critical short yardage?
Will the highest rated(4****) player ever to sign with Samford(8 SEC school offers along with Notre Dame and OK), even topping Michael Eubank's rating, do the job at MLB?
Speaking of LBs, will Aaron Atkinson - a TERRIFIC player return at 100% from injury?
Speaking of injuiry returnees, will Koi Freeman - a TERRIFIC Safety be 100%?
Who will replace #6 as the go to WR? Probably Chris Shelling is my guess.
What true Fr. will emerge as valuable contributors?
Any more transfer information available?

These are just a few of my questions. Hopefully a little discussion(it's not too early) will ensue on this crickets chirping only sounds Board.
SU DOG

Re: Football Questions

Postby Cujo » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:46 pm

The answer to your question about who the go to receiver will be is the true freshman who hurt his knee against UTC. If he comes back at full speed, he’s a target.

Why isn’t there a 100 day count down this year?
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby SU DOG » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:51 pm

I guess that WR is Kentre'vious Williams. He certainly showed promise against FSU, and is slightly larger than most of our wideouts.

Lots of other questions that I had hoped to draw comments on, but maybe it's just too early for the interest that will hopefully be here later on.
SU DOG

Postby Newsam » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:47 pm

I believe that after being in the system for 3 years under Hodges, Welch will be the QB and will be more than adequate. I also think our running game will be improved and hope that our defense stays healthy.
Newsam

Postby sudog03 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:35 pm

SU DOG wrote:I did not see one single ST practice, so some of my thoughts might be off base,

Can this team have a better record than a team with THREE AAs which could only go 6-5? Yes. I was very impressed with the way we bounced back and got ourselves off the mat after a difficult start. I did it quickly but I'm pretty sure no team has had more All-Socon Freshman team members the last 3 years than SU. The cupboard is not bare, and the glass half full to all of the injuries on defense last season is that our youngsters got experience. Have to improve upon our 23 turnovers on offense from last season.
Who will be the main QB? If I had to guess today I would say Liam Welch. Is getting some good competition from Oladokun.
Chris Oladokun shows terrific RPO talent(see his films). Will Samford utilize more of this type of offense? If the 3 rushing TD's by our QB in our last game is any indication, I'd say yes, lol. But, I just don't think our offense really lends itself to playing 2 QB's.
Samford has a 5-7, 243 pound RB. Will we see this bowling ball used to gain critical short yardage? Probably not, but I'm expecting DeMarcus Ware to have a breakout year, just don't get hung up on pure rushing attempts/yards, the plays he can make on the swing pass will be big for us.
Will the highest rated(4****) player ever to sign with Samford(8 SEC school offers along with Notre Dame and OK), even topping Michael Eubank's rating, do the job at MLB? A slimmed down physique should really help him contribute this season. Is he an all-conference type player? Yet to be seen.
Speaking of LBs, will Aaron Atkinson - a TERRIFIC player return at 100% from injury? Let's hope so.
Speaking of injuiry returnees, will Koi Freeman - a TERRIFIC Safety be 100%? Ditto.
Who will replace #6 as the go to WR? Probably Chris Shelling is my guess. You mean the guy who was 4th in league in receptions per game and tied with Mcknight for most TD catches in league? Good guess, lol. Skill position talent is going to be deep.
What true Fr. will emerge as valuable contributors? Hopefully, we don't need any, lol. But, I could see a DB getting an opportunity early.
Any more transfer information available? I imagine we will know soon.

These are just a few of my questions. Hopefully a little discussion(it's not too early) will ensue on this crickets chirping only sounds Board.
sudog03

Return to The Dog Pound