Is the board dead?

Re: Is the board dead?

Postby Cujo » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:36 pm

The board has come back to life, a little.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby SU 97 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:43 am

big_dog1968 wrote:
SU 97 wrote:Big_Dog, if you want to redesign and find a new host, go for it. I keep this one limping along but it's not my strong suit nor do I have the time to maintain it. SU Fanatic started it and then life (a law practice and three kiddos) got in her way so I stepped in. I'd love to have something more modern but I don't have the capacity to making it any more than it is, sorry.

I didn't mean to come off like an ingrate. I understand that this is a labor of love. I do think this is something to look at doing (updating/upgrading) next summer when everything has wrapped up for the year.

I didn't take it that way, I promise. Tone is so difficult via online writing. :-) If you have the expertise to make it something better, I'm all for exploring options next summer.
SU 97
Site Admin

Postby Cujo » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:12 pm

I still think this thing is state of the art compared to most of the boards I see. It is the easiest, most user friendly.

The question is how do we get more people to participate? I have a suggestion, maybe 03 could be a little nicer.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby SU DOG » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:35 pm

I agree with you cujo. I know nothing about the tech end, but I can easily navigate this Board. As for the concern about getting more activity, I have often wondered why we don't tell others about it. We could do this in private conversations at ball games Bulldog Club events, and many other opportunities. I admit that I haven't put an effort into this, and have no excuse as to why I haven't. Is this a good possibility to increase interest?
SU DOG

Postby Smurf » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:38 pm

When I Google "Samford message board", this site is the top result. If people are interested, this site isn't difficult to find. The more we win, the more interest there will be.
BOE.
Smurf

Postby sudog03 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:58 pm

I don't know, seems like losses get more activity around here, lol.
sudog03

Postby Cujo » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:02 pm

03 is just plain mean.
Cujo

Postby Cujo » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:28 am

I know why the board is dead! Because Chris Hatcher has destroyed our football program. He’s made us an embarrassment.
Cujo

Previous

Return to The Dog Pound