Mercer

Mercer

Postby sudog03 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:35 pm

- Two very, very evenly matched teams. The two offenses are gaining an identical 5.9 yards per play, while the two defenses are allowing an identical 5.8 yards per play. Not really sure I've seen that this late in the year. Both teams with poor turnover margins also.

- Mercer will be playing their back-up QB, who we have fared pretty well against in the past. I enjoyed seeing us send more pressure as a defense Saturday, hopefully that will continue and we can force some bad throws.

- The Bobby Lamb farewell tour continues. Will be very interesting to see who they go after.

- A lot of credit to the ETSU defense, they were the best defensive unit I've seen in the league thus far this year, but we will have to play better on offense Saturday.
sudog03

Re: Mercer

Postby SU DOG » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:02 pm

And both teams have an inexplicable loss to an OOC team. Samford to TTU and Mercer to Campbell. Long range weather for Macon is 68 degrees with partly cloudy skies and light breezes. VERY winnable game for the Bulldogs.
SU DOG

Postby FUBeAR » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:20 am

SU DOG wrote:And both teams have an inexplicable loss to an OOC team. Samford to TTU and Mercer to Campbell. Long range weather for Macon is 68 degrees with partly cloudy skies and light breezes. VERY winnable game for the Bulldogs.

TTU has lost to:

SEMO
UTM
APSU

...by an average of 4 scores/game.

And, below is a list of all of the FCS Teams that have beaten Campbell this season:

...VERY losable game for the homewoodhounds, also.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.
FUBeAR

Postby Cujo » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:50 am

Mercer sucks
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby sudog03 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:07 am

Campbell and TTU both stink. Those 3 teams you listed have 15 combined wins. Which equals the total number of wins all 5 of Campbells FCS opponents have. At least SU can say that was a game we clearly should have won and let slip away. Plus it was on the road. Mercer got beat at home by campbell in a game it was never in control of.
sudog03

Postby FUBeAR » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:42 am

sudog03 wrote:Campbell and TTU both stink. Those 3 teams you listed have 15 combined wins. Which equals the total number of wins all 5 of Campbells FCS opponents have. At least SU can say that was a game we clearly should have won and let slip away. Plus it was on the road. Mercer got beat at home by campbell in a game it was never in control of.

LOL - you couldn’t possibly be claiming that Samford was ever “in control of” the TTU game, could you? The final score of the game is definitive prima facie evidence of the lack of validity of such a ridiculous assertion.

...and, unless you have seen the Fightin’ Camels play multiple games this season, which I’m going to speculate you have not, you have no basis for assessing Campbell’s 2019 Team in such a negative light. They are 6-1, with their only loss being to FBS Troy, who is 3-4, and competitive in each of their FBS-only losses, except the 1 loss to an SEC opponent. The Camels have lost the same number of games (both lost to FBS G5 Teams), playing in the same conference as, and having an almost identical current Strength of Schedule rating as a Team which one poll has ranked #4 in FCS. Also, Sagarin ranks Campbell ahead of VMI, a Team which, by the way, beat Samford (regardless of specious claims to the contrary) & lost to Mercer.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.
FUBeAR

Postby sudog03 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:35 am

We were up 16 points with 2:20 to play, so yes, I am claiming we were in control of the game. Also, I said they both stink, not that one was appreciably better than the other. Nice try to change the narrative by mentioning the VMI game, lol. BTW, we actually won that game if you watch the tape.
sudog03

Postby Cujo » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:03 pm

The good thing about hating Mercer is that even at 4-4, I still want to beat the hell out of them and the game means something. FuBear, thanks for being here and being the kind of poster we love to hate (in a good way, of course). ;-)
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby sudog03 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:59 pm

Guess being 3-2 and still in the conference hunt doesn't do it for you?
sudog03

Postby Cujo » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:02 pm

No
Cujo

Next

Return to The Dog Pound