Una

Re: Una

Postby big_dog1968 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:39 pm

Smurf wrote:Tilette needed to go. He finished above .500 once in his last seven years. He was rightfully dismissed.

And yet my statement is still true. :lol: :lol: 8-)
big_dog1968

Postby Cujo » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:03 pm

big_dog1968 wrote:With all the moaning about football, it's the only program that showed up, played and WON on Saturday. FOE!

This statement would be true, if you exclude conference champion volleyball and you think losing to the #5 team in the country in the NCAA tournament, after winning regular season and tournament conference championships, isn’t showing up. I suspect you were referring only to a comparison of basketball and Football, however, in which case you would be right. Basketball is at rock bottom. Not only do I not see a legitimate D1 win in our future, I do not see wanting to watch such a horrible display of the game again. I’ve seen more organization in a YMCA pickup game. If this is what Newton had in mind when he said he wanted to make the games more entertaining for the fans, he has a warped sense of what is entertaining. More like nauseating. I have been a witness to the train wreck that is Samford basketball since the BS experience (actually, all the way back to 1984) and I feel like I have been the victim of a terrible fraud. Either that, or i’m living a nightmare. I’m tired of watching. The next stop for me is to tune out.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby Smurf » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:24 pm

big_dog1968 wrote:
Smurf wrote:Tilette needed to go. He finished above .500 once in his last seven years. He was rightfully dismissed.

Right....so let's just keep coaches around solely because they run an attractive offense and graduate kids. Like we don't have enough of that mindset that exists in football, for crying out loud. I don't care if it is Tillette, Seltzer, or Padgett. If a coach can't win more than what we have seen, they need to be sent packing. Unfortunately Padgett is signed well into the next decade. He's not going anywhere even though his performance over the last six years certainly might, under normal circumstances, warrant a dismissal. For too long we have tolerated mediocrity and in some cases abject loosing. Jimmy needed to go.

And for the record, Padgett has finished over .500 twice over the last six years, which does put him ahead of Jimmy in that regard. I am not high on Padgett obviously, but Jimmy needed to go and that belief doesn't effect whether or not I think Padgett should or should not stay. Those two ideas are not mutually inclusive.
BOE.
Smurf

Postby Cujo » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:52 pm

Name a player since Tillette left who was not recruited by Tillette who played all four eligible-to-play years at Samford through the end of the season. I can think of one who arrived under the Tillete regime (and a stand up young man he is/was—a kid of lessor character would have left). I’m seriously having a hard time thinking of one who was recruited out of high school who finished his last year of eligibility at Samford.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby Cujo » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:08 pm

Gerald Williams (never really played). Eric Adams (walk on) and Alex Peters (walk on)?
Cujo

Postby DC_INT'L » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:26 pm

This was my point about building a program. We field a team each year; but we don't have a mbb program.
DC_INT'L

Postby big_dog1968 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:30 pm

DC_INT'L wrote:This was my point about building a program. We field a team each year; but we don't have a mbb program.

+1
big_dog1968

Postby Cujo » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:36 pm

What happened to K. Nolan? Seemed like a good kid who played hard.
Cujo

Postby big_dog1968 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:42 pm

Smurf wrote:
big_dog1968 wrote:

Right....so let's just keep coaches around solely because they run an attractive offense and graduate kids. Like we don't have enough of that mindset that exists in football, for crying out loud. I don't care if it is Tillette, Seltzer, or Padgett. If a coach can't win more than what we have seen, they need to be sent packing. Unfortunately Padgett is signed well into the next decade. He's not going anywhere even though his performance over the last six years certainly might, under normal circumstances, warrant a dismissal. For too long we have tolerated mediocrity and in some cases abject loosing. Jimmy needed to go.

And for the record, Padgett has finished over .500 twice over the last six years, which does put him ahead of Jimmy in that regard. I am not high on Padgett obviously, but Jimmy needed to go and that belief doesn't effect whether or not I think Padgett should or should not stay. Those two ideas are not mutually inclusive.

And yet my statement is still true. It's hanging tough! :lol:
big_dog1968

Postby sudog03 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:00 pm

Cujo wrote:What happened to K. Nolan? Seemed like a good kid who played hard.

Transferred to JU. Having to sit a year. Through two games Tristan Chambers is leading UAH in scoring.
sudog03

PreviousNext

Return to The Dog Pound