Is enough, enough?

Is enough, enough?

Postby Cujo » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:59 pm

Samford basketball has hit an all-time low. We have had two mass exoduses in roughly 6-7 years (are we about to see a third?). We sit firmly entrenched at the bottom of the standings with two wins. I might add, we have two wins over two teams with one combined win (they had to play each other, right—so somebody had to get a win between them). Count the number of scholarship players who have started and finished a 4 year career at Samford. A coach who is going to win, is going to win within 6 years. The coach’s impact is going to be evident. If it was going to happen, it would have happened by now.

The experiment is over. The Samford faithful are now the faithless. Attendance is at an all-time low. Interest is non-existent.

It is time for action. It is time for leaders to be leaders. It is time for fiduciaries to do the right thing with what they have been entrusted to oversee. It is time to quit lip-service and provide stewardship. It is time for Samford to act decisively and show by example and deed that Samford will not stomach mediocrity (if we are even mediocre). Don’t leave the pieces in place and tell me that “now we have it figured out.” The pieces to the puzzle don’t fit. If we don’t get that by now, maybe that’s part of the problem.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Re: Is enough, enough?

Postby Jiggs » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:00 pm

Amen.
Jiggs

Postby sudog03 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:50 am

Well said. Good intentioned people have worked hard. People who are paid to make tough decisions, have tough decisions to make.
sudog03

Postby Smurf » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:06 pm

Cujo wrote:Don’t leave the pieces in place and tell me that “now we have it figured out.” The pieces to the puzzle don’t fit. If we don’t get that by now, maybe that’s part of the problem.

I think it is part of the problem. Why didn't Newton completely gut Seltzer's staff when Seltzer was fired? Newton certainly could have done that. Why not completely start from scratch at that point? The program deserved that.
BOE.
Smurf

Postby big_dog1968 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:30 am

Can someone please call Jimmy Tillette? :D
big_dog1968

Postby Jay » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:40 am

Parenthetically, so, I talked with Jimmy on Friday for about an hour. Everything from basketball to Christ to Eastern religions and Plato. It was a great convo. Anyway, Saturday, we are headed to Louisiana to play and I’m recounting the convo to my boss. When we stop for pregame meal after we dropped the women off for their pregame warmups, the bus driver sits down beside me and asks, “Were you talking about Jimmy Tillette earlier because it sure sounded a lot like him?” I said yes that’s him. Bus driver says, “Your interpretation of him is spot on! He coached me at Mississippi State! Best offensive coach I’ve ever known!” What an incredibly small world. I reconnected him with Jimmy.
Go Bulldogs!!!
Jay

Postby Cujo » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:18 am

From Twitter and around the SoCon—what our opponents are saying about us: “I’ll give vmi credit for this though. They play hard all 40 mins. Can’t say the same about Samford”.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby sudog03 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:45 am

Cujo wrote:From Twitter and around the SoCon—what our opponents are saying about us: “I’ll give vmi credit for this though. They play hard all 40 mins. Can’t say the same about Samford”.

U need somebody else to tell u that? Lol
sudog03

Postby Cujo » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:13 am

Twitter says: “Man, I love betting against #Samford. Western Carolina was an easy cash. I go blind and bet against Samford and Chicago State every time out. I've only had 1 loss all season going against those two. They're a special kind of bad. #Vols”
Cujo

Postby Smurf » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:16 pm

Gotta make some changes here...we just have to.
BOE.
Smurf

Next

Return to The Dog Pound