MARCH
23, 24, 25, 26, 28, 30, 31
APRIL
1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11

Coaches - ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
SU DOG

Re: Spring Training Dates

Postby Cujo » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Welllll, they all come highly recommended . . . .
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Postby Smurf » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:07 pm

As it relates to coaching, this is a big year. If Defensive Coordinator X fails to produce a defense better than what we have seen in the past, the finger pointing will be directed squarely at Hatcher for a) further solidifying the belief that his offensive style hangs a defense out to dry, b) firing the previous defensive coordinator in spite of a, and c) hiring a new defensive coordinator who failed to deliver.

Hatcher is going to have to pull rabbit out of his hat next year for me to feel that he is worthy of leading this program going forward, and that is a tall order given some of the holes we have to address. I don't think his performance has reached the level of considering termination, but given the events of this offseason, if he pokes around with 4-6 wins again, my opinion on his tenure as a coach at SU will be pretty much solidified

In short, Hatcher needs to step up his game and deliver a product that we can be proud of.
BOE.
Smurf

Postby Jiggs » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:10 am

Cujo wrote:Welllll, they all come highly recommended . . . .

Too funny.
Jiggs

Postby 77SU » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:49 am

Has a new defensive staff and OC been hired? The official website roster is still showing all the same names and faces. :?

Are we ashamed of them or are slots still empty? Maybe that’s why spring practice is starting so late! Is HCCH still trying to figure out what he needs to do?
77SU

Postby crimedog83450 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:19 pm

Ross Newton just tweeted out that he is now the Director of High School Relations at Auburn
crimedog83450

Postby SU DOG » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:25 pm

The entire Newton family(Samford alums too) have been such great supporters of Samford. All-in for Samford doesn't have much meaning to me anymore when those type of people are suddenly cast all-out. Wasn't recruiting and LB play pretty good over the years that Ross has been working in those areas? Yes, I will say congrats to Ross, but I also will say that I can't help but fear consequences for Samford football, and the University as a whole, when loyalty is rewarded with expulsion. How can we, as Samford Fans, be proud and excited when we have to find Samford Football information on social media? I know some privacy is needed until these men land new jobs, but I think some respect and appreciation by Samford Athletics, should also be shown. I just don't have a good feeling about all this.

Ross to Auburn, Callaway to LSU, and change for Billy D might mean a better life for all of them, and I don't pretend to know anything about the issues involved. I do know that loyalty must also be accompanied with success, but have we really upgraded to become a better program now? I will remain skeptical until I see otherwise. :(
SU DOG

Postby AP » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:57 pm

Ross Newton was one of us. And our defensive staff recruited and coached at an extremely high level for a long time. I hope for the sake of our program that the head coach gets his staff hires right. Moves like these chip away at the rope people are willing to give you.
AP

Postby SU DOG » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:48 pm

Exactly 2 weeks from today that SP is scheduled to begin. Has anybody heard anything about our coaching staff? IMO, this is weird stuff - am I wrong or is this really unusual? I have heard that some were hired before Christmas, yet NOTHING official that I've seen. :?
SU DOG

Postby Cujo » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:36 pm

basketball season is over, time for us to start _itching about football again.
In an imperfect world, absolute truth is divisive. There's no unity in truth. Decide then whether truth before unity or unity before truth?
Cujo

Next

Return to The Dog Pound